Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ti Hardtail + Babyseat = Madness? Discuss
  • menace
    Free Member

Need to get a hardtail that I can fit a babyseat to to take the little one out on. Potentially this could be the opportunity to get the Ti hardtail that I have always wanted and will then use as he gets big enough for his own bike.

However, most Ti hardtails do not come with rack mounts so other option is one of those seats that clamps to the seat tube (I think). Apart from looking ridiculous and ruining the benefits of Ti (in the short term) (i) will the frame take it and (ii) has anyone done it?

Cheers

Hooter
    Free Member

On-one Ti 456 has rack mounts. I reckon would be fine with baby seat 🙂

brant
    Free Member

Ragley Ti had dropout mounts so Dads can justify purchase for child carrying duties. No seatstay mounts but they are easy to fix with clips or a seatclamp with attatchment points.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    vinnyeh

There’s rackmounts on my Ti456- I had the kids in the trailer down at the local park today, and was musing, since the oldest now has her own bike, whether it was time to stick a kiddyseat on the back for the youngest. I’d also be interested to know whether it was considered unwise.

avdave2

Van Nicholas Zion has rack mounts.

timwillows
    Free Member

None on a Soda

gamo
    Free Member

Brant can you use a Hamax(seat tube mount type)on a ti456?

heihei

I would steer clear of using anything that clamps purely to the seatpost on something like the 456Ti. Bikes such as this with a low standover tend to use long seatposts which would create substantial leverage on the post/frame. As mentioned the 456Ti has rackmounts which would be good, otherwise, I can personally recommend the LOCT – to my mind a much better solution for both rider and passenger!!

gamo
    Free Member

hh the hamax mounts to the seat tube not seatpost, i have the hamax
    seat but have always been concerned about fitting it to the ti456 as
    i dont know if the tubing used on the seat tube is too thin!

druidh
    Free Member

My cheap Chinese Ti hardtail has rackmounts.

chewkw
    Free Member

Go for Ti 456 but pay brant in cheque or bank transfer.

😆

chopperT
    Free Member

Can’t comment on Ti, but here’s a Stumpy M4 frame after one ride with a seat tube clamped child seat.

jack
    Free Member

Did it on the old tinbred right up until the max limit on the seat with no issues at all – curious as to why you think it would ruin the benefits of Ti? I never noticed it.

Now got a steel 456 for baby carrying duties for daughter no.2 – would love a Ti one though!

brant
    Free Member

I personally wince at the ones that “JUST” clamp on the seat tube.

Maybe I’ve just recently got heavy children though (my 2.5yr old lad weighs more than my 4yr old daughter).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ti Hardtail + Babyseat = Madness? Discuss’ is closed to new replies.