Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Threads being deleted?
  • jekkyl

Seems a bit draconian to me. I like the self policing manner of things on social media and espicially on here that if the collective thinks someone is acting out of order they’ll get outed and shamed. Do we have to have threads deleted? that ‘women are bonkers’ thread was mostly clearly tongue in cheek and there were actual women on the thread who were taking it in good spirit. It was entertaining, why the heavy handed delete hammer?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Reported

RobHilton
    Free Member

Wubble

wwaswas

questioning moderators decisions on the forum is a thread deletion/ban offence.

scotroutes

You’ll be ejected from the Premium Forum if you complain on the open forum. Bring it up at the next Premium Members shindig.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with a bit o’ pikey-bashing it seems.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Is Ban Hammer related to Jan Hammer??

[video]https://youtu.be/GQDU-2qMre0[/video]

SaxonRider

Sometimes I am glad that they delete threads. I am often uncertain about whether or not something I type on here will come across the same as it does in my head. Mostly, it doesn’t. Consequently (as in the case of last night’s joke about paying my mortgage), I am grateful it disappeared.

What might be vaguely amusing to say in a pub over a beer can be destructive when put into type.

ransos
    Free Member

that ‘women are bonkers’ thread was mostly clearly tongue in cheek and there were actual women on the thread who were taking it in good spirit.

If an “actual woman” says so then it’s definitely ok.

martinhutch

Seems a bit draconian

Targeting individual mods for abuse is out of order… 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Modding on here baffles me at times

wwaswas

Targeting individual mods for abuse is out of order…

*applause*

jekkyl

If an “actual woman” says so then it’s definitely ok.

no, not necessarily but it’s a good indication that it’s being taken in the manner in which it was intended.
    & lol@ martinhutch.

ransos
    Free Member

no, not necessarily but it’s a good indication that it’s being taken in the manner in which it was intended.

No, not really.

scotroutes

Yes, yes really.

ransos
    Free Member

Yes, yes really.

I suppose that’s true if you don’t give it any thought.

scotroutes

Au contraire. It’s the conclusion you reach when you decide not to react with knee-jerk snowflakism.

nickc

why the heavy handed delete hammer?

some-one might have complained.

It doesn’t look great to a casual observer.

If it was my website I’m not sure I’d want a thread like that on my front page…

Loads of reasons.

ransos
    Free Member

Au contraire. It’s the conclusion you reach when you decide not to react with knee-jerk snowflakism.

Bingo!

Top tip: the minute you resort to “echo chamber”, “snowflake” or “virtue signalling”, you’ve lost the argument.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I had a post removed the other night which I thought was about showing people to be aware of trail hazards / users.

scotroutes

HL&S. Snowflake was intentionally included just to get you to react the way you did.

Pavlov could have learnt a lot from this forum

theotherjonv

what’s a meringue based dessert got to do with this? Other than questioning mod’s decisions means you won’t be getting any.

ransos
    Free Member

HL&S. Snowflake was intentionally included just to get you to react the way you did.

That’s called trolling, which is against the forum rules. You might understand the irony of that on this particular thread. If you think about it.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

that ‘women are bonkers’ thread was mostly clearly tongue in cheek

Well except for the casually sexist posts. And the really hateful posts.

there were actual women on the thread who were taking it in good spirit

Yeah it’s just banter and anyone who doesn’t find misogyny hilarious well it’s their problem for having no sense of humour yada yada …

ransos
    Free Member

Yeah it’s just banter and anyone who doesn’t find misogyny hilarious well it’s their problem for having no sense of humour yada yada …

Yeah, it’s an ancient defence. I expect Bernard Manning relied on the fact that a black man once smirked at a racist joke.

jekkyl

Fair point. I didn’t witness any out n’ out misogynistic posts. My own were well intentioned but I can acquiesce there might have been some less so.

tjagain

Knowing a bit of the forum history of some of the people involved I am as sure as I can’t be that the OP was not being ” tongue in cheek”

weeksy

For the love of God get a grip !

enfht
    Free Member

Junkyards post on the benefits of Venezuelan economics was awesome until it got deleted.

Cougar

that ‘women are bonkers’ thread was mostly clearly tongue in cheek and there were actual women on the thread who were taking it in good spirit. It was entertaining, why the heavy handed delete hammer?

I pulled that one. Two reasons.

1) It might’ve started off “tongue in cheek” but some of the comments really weren’t and I wasn’t prepared to spend half the day moderating individual comments on a thread that was likely to get out of hand.

2) Intentions aside, it doesn’t reflect well on STW if casual browsers / new readers were to trip over it. There’s precious few women on the forum as it is and I don’t really want someone’s first impression to be a “all women are bonkers” thread.

scotroutes

There’s precious few women tories on the forum as it is and I don’t really want someone’s first impression to be a “all womenright wingers are bonkers” thread.

Best get busy
    🙂

footflaps

There’s precious few women tories on the forum

Still far too many for my liking!

The only good Tory is a dead one 😉

scotroutes

Careful. Someone will report you for saying bad things.

bruneep

Dying off at 2% a year

[video]https://youtu.be/erJgCtBV1oo[/video]

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

The women are bonkers thread was just an embarassment to see, and I am glad it is gone. Sometimes threads like that serve some use in they allow you to see just how far behind some people’s social attitudes are. And seeing some of the attitudes taken on this forum has led me to understand why we are Brexiting and the people behind it…

I had a post yanked a few weeks ago – and I think it was a fair cop.

Edukator
    Free Member

Posting sexist threads is just one step away from sending explicit telephone messages to an attractive forum member.

I normally suggest people treat others the way they’d hope to be treated themselves. Sex and sexual advances is one exception to the rule our friend Joe hasn’t understood. Hope you’re keeping well, Joebones, back on your feet, making money, time for bikes, in the pink… .

CountZero

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Threads being deleted?’ is closed to new replies.