Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Thread sorting in the Sale forums
  • rossburton
    Free Member

What sort of crazy is the thread sorting algorithm on in the For Sale forum? The posts are mostly sorted by freshness but with frequent outliers, a 16 hours old thread between some ten minute old threads, or a 7 minute thread grouped with the hours old threads. Really grinds my gears!

scotroutes

They’re in Datw/Time Posted order. Nothing more complex than that.

stevied
    Free Member

It’s based on the most current thread. Comments don’t bump threads up the page.

Yak

Just in order of original post time/date. I don’t think replies bump them up.

rossburton
    Free Member

Aaah.

squirrelking
    Free Member

That explains a lot. Makes complete sense. Or not. As usual with anything IT and this forum…

Kahurangi

The intent is that you cannot bump your post back up to the top as is common and annoying in other fora.

Cougar

Yep. Otherwise you’d have an arms race for top spot between the classifieds regulars. This way everyone gets equal chance. It’s also why the 3+ posts and 24 hour rules are in place.

theotherjonv

What sort of crazy is the thread sorting algorithm on in the For Sale forum? The posts are mostly sorted by freshness but with frequent outliers, a 16 hours old thread between some ten minute old threads, or a 7 minute thread grouped with the hours old threads.

I’m going to put my neck and, and suggest this wasn’t posted from the code breaking centre at GCHQ

Stoner
    Free Member

classifieds regulars.

There’s another word for them…

tomhoward

If you want to keep bumping your FS thread, and get more people to see it, simply put a ‘what’s it worth’ or ‘why won’t my (thing) sell’ thread in the main forum, all subtle and coy like.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Thread sorting in the Sale forums’ is closed to new replies.