Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Thoughts on a playbike frame…..
  • DT78
    Free Member

So mind is turning to summer and thinking about keeping an eye out for used frames for my summer playbike.

Last year was a dmr sidekick which apart from being 9 speeded is stock, I have a set of pikes lying around which I was going to fit to it to make it a bit more fun for 4x / trail blasting as well as DJ, but never got round to it

Any frames you recommend keeping an eye out for? Short Full sus or HT

Needs to fit inbetween a charge duster & SC nomad with suitably different character and encourage general lunacy/want to get air.

jam-bo

original specialized SX.

slowrider
    Free Member

something like a meta, 'dale rush, orange 5, that kind of thing would make a good fun fs. hardtails are too numerous to mention these days, just go for one with the right tt length at the right price id say

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I had an original SX and they are real good fun but quite heavy.

I'd stick with a hardtail, more fun for playing about on. I got rid of my sx and went back to a hardtail. Far better for jumps and more responsive, just if it gets a bit rough you feel it a bit more. Im not keen on short travel full sus really.

Any hardtail frame would do, jsut make sure you get a jumpy type one rather than an on one 456. Theose charge's are meant to be awesome.

DT78
    Free Member

Duster is a very nice bike, I've got is as a fairly light build for XC/Enduros though, it's definitely not built for proper jumping or tooling about on. I ruled out the 456 as it looks like it would be too similar to the duster.

Maybe I'll just stick the pikes on the DMR and see how it rides.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

sORRY, I MEANT THE CHARGE BLENDER

tracknicko
    Free Member

ive got a sidekick with pikes. of all my bikes its definately one of the most fun.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yeh, I had a trailstar for years, really good bike. Probably the one to go for if your tallish.

ntreid
    Free Member

Charge Stove? Looks like it's designed purely as a playbike.

Rickos
    Free Member

I recently got myself a Kona Howler and it's great fun on the trail centres and my local stuff. I run it with Pikes wound down to about 120mm (unless I'm doing an uplift day) and as a 9 speed with a chain device.

jfeb
    Free Member
    thomthumb
    Free Member

u-turn pikes?

sidekick with pikes at 100 is good fun.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Thoughts on a playbike frame…..’ is closed to new replies.