Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Those Chinese Carbon Frames on ebay ………
  • letmetalktomark

….. Anyone had any experience with them?

Thinking that it all sounds too good to be true and that buying one would end in tears …….

….. but then could be okay for road use ….. anyone?

£235 posted

Clickity Click

martymac

looks good, and its really cheap.
    but if there was some type of problem with it you have no rights as its purchased outside the uk.
    if you could afford to lose 235 quid, then go for it.

geoffj

but if there was some type of problem with it you have no rights as its purchased outside the uk.

Pay using PayPal, and you’ll get a bit of protection.

jonb
    Free Member

I know someone who raced on a road frame last year. He survived.

warton
    Free Member

That is either a tiny frame, or that seatpost clamp is waaaay to big

LoCo
    Free Member

It’s like the snap on tool boxes on ebay for a bargin price, people buying them not checking the dimensions and getting toy ones !

ourmaninthenorth

That’s so ugly it makes the On-one carbon frames almost attractive…

(Oh, and a mate has a TT frame from some Chinese ebay site – nice, for a tester machine).

Surfr
    Free Member

I’m about to push the button on a FM015 frame and fork from DengFu FM015 direct from the factory which I organised via alibaba then email. They’ve been very good to deal with so far and the prices are lower than eBay if you go direct to the factory usually. Check out the HUGE threads on roadbikereview for lots of great information:

Sticky threads: http://forums.roadbikereview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77

Hornet600
    Free Member

Looks like the On-One 456?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s not a million miles away. There’s a LOT of spookily similar carbon frames about right now!

Bregante

not really

finbar
    Free Member

Surfr – please post up how the deal goes and what you end up paying with customs and so on, i’ve been contemplating ordering one too.

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

What length forks is it designed for?

tk46hal
    Free Member

Go for it! UK distributors buy from China or the importers of that product so why shouldn’t you and save a packet instead of having to pay well over the odds!

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

My 456 Carbon is available on the classifieds-proven track record-UK company-known quantity-as new with extras and only a little more expensive with NO risk!

Routeunknown
    Free Member

So your riding along at a steady 20-25 mph with heavy traffic all around, hit a drain cover and the frame snaps in two………….

Buy cheap buy twice…… once your out of A&E!!!!

fogliettaz
    Free Member

I’ve bought a road and MTB frame from China over the last 2 years and have no complaints, they are usually delivered within 7 days as well, all components fit and the finsh is superb.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Those Chinese Carbon Frames on ebay ………’ is closed to new replies.