Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Thomson Dropper sagging when weighted?
  • stevied
    Free Member

I’ve started to get a bit of sag on my Thomson dropper 🙁

It seems to sag about 5-6mm when weighted. Remote works fine, up and down, with saddle dropping /returning fully but when I sit on the saddle the post drops again.
    Anyone had similar?

ndthornton
    Free Member

No mine is fine
    diet?

enfht
    Free Member

Sagging isn’t right. Ring them, they’re always happy to help.

euain

Jumping into the thread – I have some issues with my post (intermittently not returning) – who do you phone? I can’t see a UK site for Thomson.

mattbee

Mine does it.
    As it’s second hand the warranty isn’t valid and the UK distro didn’t seem to be able to get their heads around a paid for repair.
    I just out up with it and run the post slightly higher in the frame, it still does everything else perfectly and tbh I’ve stopped noticing it.

Blurboy
    Free Member

When I had a similar issue I couldn’t find a UK contact either and went to the USA manufacturer. They passed me back to the UK and I ended up dealing with Al Vines who was really helpful. They just replaced the sagging unit with a new one which incidentally was a later model and included the full fitting kit, remote etc. Al’s email address is/was
    Al@i-ride.co.uk

euain

Thanks for that.

I bought the post at merlin and emailed over the weekend – they’ve sent me a postage-paid label to send it back to them so I’ll do that just now and give Al a shout if I need more help.

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve been in touch with Wiggle and it’s on the way back to them. I guess they’ll pass it on to the guys at i-ride to sort. Hopefully won’t take too long..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Thomson Dropper sagging when weighted?’ is closed to new replies.