Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Thinning the collection – What would you keep. (Sorry)
  • spooked
    Free Member

Hi everyone,

I’ve got to thin out my collection of bike frames and I’m rubbish at decisions 🙂

I have surplus frames and want to end up with one singlespeed and one geared mountain bike. A lucky choice to have to make but I’m rubbish and at a loss.

I have:

A Moda Carbon hardtail
    An old Voodoo Bizango 853
    A Santa Cruz Chameleon

I have decided to get shot of my Cotic soul frame as I find it too flexi at the back.

My forks are a 140mm vanilla RLC32 and a pair of Talas that I have converted to 120mm floats.

The Santa Cruz has sentimental attachment so I don’t want to get rid. I just don’t really know what would be the best option for what. I can’t imagine any of them have much resale being 26ers 🙁

Thanks for any help.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I’ve cut back recently – a 150mm susser and an SS.

But then I sold everything to fund this. :/

twicewithchips
    Free Member

what size is the soul?

spooked
    Free Member

It’s a medium but I have someone that already wants it I’m afraid.

I’m thinking of keeping the moda as a geared and then the Santa Cruz as single speed as it has vertical dropouts.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Personally? I got rid of my 26er SS as the 29er SS I now have is a lot more suitable for what I was using the SS for (rigid set-up, short local blasts, low/no maintenance winter hack).

On that note I’d sell the SC while it’s still worth something.

In my eyes the best do-it-all there is the Soul…

honourablegeorge

Pimpmaster Jazz – Member

In my eyes the best do-it-all there is the Soul..

Better than a Holeshot?? 🙂

spooked
    Free Member

I meant horizontal drop outs 🙂

I can see what you mean but i find the back end a bit flexible. Don’t get me wrong it’s comfy and goes downhill well but I tend to do mainly cross country stuff on the South Downs so it’s not really used to its full capabilities. Everything here is short sharp ups and then downs constantly. I find it slow to accelerate if that makes sense.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Better than a Holeshot??

Haha! You already know my answer to that. 😉

spooked
    Free Member

Holeshot. Nice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Thinning the collection – What would you keep. (Sorry)’ is closed to new replies.