Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Things I hate right now
  • Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

The almost constant maintenance required on mountain bikes.

I’ve hardly done anything to my road bike in 8 years, yet it seems my MTBs have becomae as needy as a helicopter in terms of maintenance. The last few weeks I seem to spend as much time fixing as I do riding, which goes down really well with the Mrs and young kids.

clubber
    Free Member

loddrik – Member
    All the public school toffs winning medals at the Olympics rowing a boat

Right. ‘Public school toffs’. What like ‘poor chavs’ or other such stupid stereotype 🙄

Half the GB team (eg not just rowing) is from independent schools – that is a problem but it’s certainly not specific to rowing. In fact, rowing’s made massive efforts to recruit more widely in the last 10-15 years and as a result, it’s simply not the lazy rich-kid’s sport stereotype you’d evidently like it to be. Have a look through the GB Rowing Squad’s history and you’ll see that it’s not what you think

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

The weather in Cornwall today

_tom_
    Free Member

I’m with you there papa lazarou, always a new noise on my mtb! My road bike is fairly solid (wheels a bit out of true for some reason) but still seeming good after loads of miles. BMX never seems to have problems either.

philconsequence
    Free Member

comfort eating, it tastes of sugar and guilt.

DezB
    Free Member

Half the GB team (eg not just rowing) is from independent schools – that is a problem but it’s certainly not specific to rowing.

I believe Sir Chris is one of them.

clubber
    Free Member

Sir Chris used to be a rower as it goes…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Colleagues and other people that tell me there boring **** stories… I even try to look like I don’t care. But they keep on going, blah blah blah blah blah… Shut Up… SHUTTTT UPPPP! I DON’t GIVE A **** ABOUT YOUR KIDS, CATS, SHED, BROTHER!!!

SHUT THE **** UP!

emma82
    Free Member

how did this thread go from general moan, to cake to Olympics to posh people? I want cake 🙁

DavidB
    Free Member

Can I have a moan about grass please, why has it not evolved to grow in an orderly fashion and at a certain height work on its roots instead? Surely evolution tells it that if it doesn’t, an angry hungover man is going to decimate it withe a motorised rotary syth tomorrow.

khani
    Free Member

how did this thread go from general moan, to cake to Olympics to posh people? I want cake

STW innit…Cake is good…
    As cocaine is Gods* way of telling you, you have too much money…cake is Gods way of telling you life is good… 😀
    *if gods exists,..and you believe in him/her/it..and he/she/it actually gives a shit..

emsz
    Free Member

i want cake too 🙁

CountZero

Am I just arguing with myself now?

What’s specific about ‘now’?

theotherjonv – Member
    cream pie

I too just googled that. I hate finding stuff like that out when I’m 43 and thought i was already worldly wise.

Others – don’t google it. Just. Don’t.
    Far, far too late for that…

My in-laws. They’ve buggered off on holiday and recruited my wife to dog sit. Which means I now have to dog sit. They have no cake.

TheWrongTrousers

Nob-end drivers on the M25. Seriously, is it that important that you’re in front of me ??

TheWrongTrousers

Oh, and trying to post on Singletrack while driving

spacemonkey

Springpad – one of the most counter-intuitive apps I’ve ever used. God knows how/why people like it.

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Things I hate right now’ is closed to new replies.