Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Thermal long johns?!
  • bowglie

Think it’s about time I replaced my 20 year old pair of Helly long johns (after my wife asked me “do you you want to keep this cleaning rag that’s on the landing floor?” 😀 )

Can anyone recommend some long johns that are OK for cycling in? (also be wearing ’em for other winter outdoors stuff). FWIW, I have some windproof winter bib tights, but as they’re not that warm when up on the moors, so I like to have a thin thermal layer on underneath ’em. The problem I’ve had before is finding some where the seams don’t rub on the inside of thighs etc. – the Hellys were bad for this.

Any sensible suggestions would be most welcome.
    TIA

Basil

Loving my Patagonia Capilene long johns. They are available in different weights. I use mainly for cycling and they don’t rub.

ton

cheap merino ones at mountain warehouse.

johnellison
    Free Member

but as they’re not that warm when up on the moors

MTFU.

Keep moving – no stopping allowed.

johnhighfield
    Free Member

Wear my Endural Biblongs when its evey cold – down to -8 without any need for anything else & they are TOASTY. Endura Stealth Biblings when cold & wet…

bowglie

Cheers for the suggestions – think I’ll keep an eye open for some of Patagonia ones when the local outdoor shop has one of its 40% off everything sales.

p.s. know what you mean about the Endura biblongs and keepin’ moving, and I’m normally OK riding on my own. The main problem is when I’m doing skills instructing for people, as there’s lots of standing around watching ’em practice. If it gets really bad I have to resort to overtrousers, but well, they can really catch the wind……if ya know what I mean 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Thermal long johns?!’ is closed to new replies.