Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Their 40th year
  • SaxonRider

Man, there seem to be a lot of 40th year folk emerging from the woodwork. I count myself among them.

With so many, is it really very special?

NikNak7890
    Free Member

Another 40 yr old coming up here too. I don’t know why it feels like a watershed …but it does :/

It does get me a decent (for me) bike bought for me this year though! 😀

djglover
    Free Member

nearer 60 than 20 now

headfirst
    Free Member

40 in december..can’t really get myself worked up about it, think I’ll save all the big celebrations for 50.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m up in 2015 🙁

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Good excuse for a party 🙂

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Mine next week and oddly it does feel a little different to other birthdays. I shall celerbrate by taking myself off into the hills for a couple of days … drinking and parties are sort of wasted on me really.

Oh and happy 40th to everyone else.

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Mine last October.

Not that big a deal to me.

30 was a lot worse.

Btw happy birthday!!

dans160
    Free Member

I just passed 39 so have 11months to go. The only difference I have noticed age wise is hair – less of and that it takes longer to recover from an off these days although I am loads fitter and healthier than I was 10 years ago. I’m just having fun thinking about what I’d like for my present (call me shallow). I am currently aiming, apparently, too high. I am sure it will be a blast.

can-uk
    Free Member

Mine too in Sept.. I did consider acquiring a convertible sports car and a 20yr old girlfriend to celebrate… decided to book myself into a sailing race between Tanzania and Zanzibar instead.

hillsplease

40th – took the kids and the neighbours plus kids for a pedal to a pub for lunch and then had a BBQ on th weekend that wound up filling the garden with kids, meat and tiddly adults.

Didn’t feel any older until I was entering a race and had to tick ‘Vets.’

pedalhead
    Free Member

I’m 40 in October. Good excuse for a new bike, innit 🙂

andytherocketeer

erk just over a month away 😯

edi: gonna spend cash. not decided what to spend it on yet. someone’s gotta spend their way out of this recession.

aracer
    Free Member

Youngsters!

downshep

Peak fitness down, recovery time up, more prone to injury, less self confidence / trail skills.

BUT you do get fantastic nasal and ear hair as compensation.

Hohum
    Free Member

I was 40 in December.

After overcoming a couple of serious issues over the last few years I was actually quite relieved to have made it to that age.

Happy birthday when it arrives.

smoothchicken

I’m 40 on this very day today. I’ve had abuse from my colleagues, a nice badge to wear and a free packet of crisps form the overpriced sandwich van, result!

poisonspider
    Free Member

Mine on 30th April!

It probably says a lot about STWs demographic.

Hohum
    Free Member

smoothchicken – Member
    I’m 40 on this very day today. I’ve had abuse from my colleagues, a nice badge to wear and a free packet of crisps form the overpriced sandwich van, result!

Happy birthday!

pedalhead
    Free Member

happy birthday smoothchicken! At work though? poor you

smoothchicken

Thanks folks, ironically I’m at work while my good lady has the day off, something wrong there! Although in her defence she did organise me a great surprise party on Saturday.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Their 40th year’ is closed to new replies.