Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • **** the X Factor………..and watch Frozen Planet.
  • mcboo
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00mfl7n

Even if you dont care for nature documentaries, you’ve got to see it. The water cooler topic of choice this morning.

Polar bears fighting and mating. Seals getting eaten by killer whales…..genius.

trailmonkey

i’m going to get flamed for this one but i found attenborough’s approach and narration really annoying.

everything was focused on the biggest, the greatest, the grandest and his anthropomorphising was pretty nauseating.

some incredible photography though.

nickswolves
    Free Member

I thought Frozen Planet was awesome, the photography was incredible. Those Killer Whales popping there heads out the water from the camera crew at the end 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Only caught the last twenty minutes or so.

One word – Awesome.

LHS
    Free Member

The look on that poor seals face as it got dragged off the ice into the water by the killer whale, exhausted and resigned to its fate.

Incredible.

😥

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

LHS 😆

thepurist

Amazing footage but… I’m with trailmonkey. Yes a prime time wildlife show needs to cater for all audiences, Sir Dave is an utter national treasure and the effort to even capture those events on film is unbelievable but the presentation of the end results has become a bit “Janet & John Go Somewhere Cold”.

flip
    Free Member

i’m going to get flamed for this one but i found attenborough’s approach and narration really annoying.

Agree, but he gets away with it because:

a: Everything there breaks some kind of record.
    b: He is a legend.

Footage of glaciers moving 😯

Well done BBC!

inigomontoya
    Free Member

Much prefer attenborough to fry though.
    First thing I’ve bothered to use HD for since the switchover in Sept., stunning.

mcboo
    Free Member

Brian Cox got a bit of stick for doing all that standing on mountains malarky on “Wonders”, with him it was getting to be a bit of a parody of itself, though I still really enjoyed the programmes. Attenborough has been making these for 57yrs, he can do what he wants in my book, everyone else is copying him anyway…..

camo16
    Free Member

I’m adding a vote for: Awesome!

Not sure it’ll stop Mrs 16 wanting the X Factor on Saturday though. 🙁

Cougar

I was going to ask if it’s repeated in HD at any point, but I’ve just looked at the Sky EPG and it is.

So if you missed it, it’s on again at 4:10pm on Sunday.

leffeboy

runs off to pay for another month of iPlayer in case it is available

joolsburger
    Free Member

Just fantastic & amazing work by all involved. As for Sir David he is someone beyond criticism AFAIC.

This is a great interview with him..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xta4O5Itm5U[/video]

devs
    Free Member

Watched it in HD and it was simply awe inspiring. Attenborough is the best with daylight in second place. Anyone watching and looking to analyse the narrator rather than enjoying the content is off to a loser from the start IMO. It is what it is. Awesome footage of stuff most of us can only dream of.

Drac

Just fantastic stuff well worth licence fee and in HD was beautiful. I liked all the big figures gave you an idea of size. The blocks of ice that looked the size of a hatchback for instance that were actually skycraper size, it meant you had a better perspectice. The underwater shots were fantastic looking forward to more of that.

I rememer watching Life on Earth as a kid with my Dar and being in awe, now 30 year and ok a bit more later I’m watching Atenborough now with my eldest.

richmtb

It was stunning stuff. Killer whales realy are big clever b@stards!

David Attenborough is a living legend – he’s probably done more for the public’s understanding of science and natural history than any other individual alive today

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘**** the X Factor………..and watch Frozen Planet.’ is closed to new replies.