• This topic has 44 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nickc.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • The Who
  • Moses

Well, Shakespeare’s best known romance was supposed to have been about a 12-year old girl.
    The art is separate from the artist, the former can be appreciated without condoning the crimes of the other. And Moon committed no crime – you are judging him for something he was found innocent of.

kcal

I think Wagner is the epitome of that, divides audiences absolutely and I would imagine always will. Divides feelings in our house too; I swither over whether the music outweighs the nastiness, and on balance I think it does. My wife disagrees.

Same for other music practitioners – she has struck off performers once they’ve been found guilty of disagreeable practices – I’m less convinced that the music is now somehow tainted..

failedengineer

I like the Who as much as the next man, but let’s just get this clear -the mod thing is all made up. All the mods I knew considered them to be ‘Greasers’ (Rockers). The only white band that mods were ‘allowed’ to listen/dance to were the Small Faces and even then, only their early stuff before they went psychedelic. The Who were just a Rock and Roll band, albeit a very good one.

DezB
    Free Member

Ah music, fashion & culture. That’s more like it.

nickc

She hath not seen the change of fourteen years, Let two more summers wither in their pride, Ere we may think her ripe to be a bride”

Says Capulet when Paris decides to marry off his daughter (who’s 14, not 12)

and the poem that the story is based on has her at 16.

Brides were about 19 in the 16th century, they generally didn’t marry kids.

The Who are shite.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘The Who’ is closed to new replies.