Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The Walking Dead – the paper version
  • Lifer
    Free Member

Big fan of the TV show (been watching online tsk tsk) and bought Volume 1 ‘Days Gone By’ today.

Thought it was great but too short for £7.50, don’t think I can afford to get the TPBs! Looking on Amazon there are a few collections but I’m not sure which is the best value as they all seem to have a different number of volumes, and I’m not sure whether volume numbers quoted (eg 1-8) are talking about the original comic or the softback book like what I got.

So there are the omnibuses which are far too expensive.

Then there are the compendiums:

Compendium 1

Which I think is half the series? But can’t find when Compendium 2 is realeased…

Then there are the hard cover books:

Book 1

Am I right in thinking the compendium is the same as Books 1-4?

Any help greatly appreciated!

stuey
    Free Member

As there are about 90 walking dead comic books to date you’ll still need to buy a few compendia.

(I gave up a around book 78)

I’ll come back to it one day – ‘when a friend lends me them’

Edit- 8 volumes to a compendium = 48 books – so good value for money!

Lifer
    Free Member

Wiki says compendium 1 is issue 1-48 so I’m guessing number 2 will be 49-96ish…

Definitely written ‘compendium’ far too many times now.

EDIT – I think that’s 8 volumes of the TPB which are 6 or so of the comics. Confusing isn’t it?!

t-obias
    Free Member

I have Compendium 1 (got it a couple of weeks ago). Was allot cheaper than buying individual books which I started to do to begin with. Working my way through it, brilliant read considering I don’t like graphic novels normally.

Picked it up for around £25 from Amazon new & used including postage.

stuey
    Free Member

So is the second or third compendia out yet?

<And don’t get me started on the whole ‘Shaolin Cowboy’ debacle>

Lifer
    Free Member

Just number 1. Which I’d used the dia plural.

t-obias
    Free Member

Apparently the creator said he’d release a new compendium roughly every 50 issues. Nothing offical I don’t think but it seems it’ll be sometime next year perhaps? I think the current issue is number 90 or there abouts.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘The Walking Dead – the paper version’ is closed to new replies.