Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • The Swingomoter is coming!! How late you staying up?
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I love a good election night!

Stocking up on wine, whiskey and snacks to see me through to about 2ish I reckon.

Who’s in?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’ll all depend on the words that Dimbleby utters at 10.01 on BBC.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Better off going to bed early and getting up at 3-4am when the results start to roll in.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Start getting ready for bed at 8.30, bed by 9 asleep by 10 past.
    Every night of everyday of every week etc.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Better off going to bed early and getting up at 3-4am when the results start to roll in.

And start drinking wine?

jimdubleyou

I’m going out for a few beers after work.

I expect to wake up to a result about 6:30 ish…

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Stay up until it all gets depressing, then go to bed… wake up and check that I was right to be depressed… go back to investigate emigrating!

Then give up on it all and walk around being grumpy at all the self serving wealthy folk that seem to live around these parts for about a week 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

Start getting ready for bed at 8.30, bed by

It takes you 30 minutes to get ready for bed?

I won’t be watching the results coming in, despite recent election surprises I can take see any shocks here.

Big losses for wee Nicola possibly.

ransos
    Free Member

The exit polls will be a reliable guide on whether or not I cry myself to sleep.

SamB
    Free Member

^^ this. I’ve voted Labour but we all know that hope just leads to despair, so I’m going to turn in early and put off the heavy drinking until Friday 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well midnight is 9am my time so I’ll watch the entire car crash unfold while I work. Same as Brexit

Yak

I should go to bed at 10:01, but I can’t help but continue late into night fuelled by whisky.

mikey74
    Free Member

Try and forget about it and go to bed at the normal time. I’m sure tomorrow will be traumatic enough if the Tories get in, without being sleep deprived from the night before.

molgrips
    Free Member

I hate going to sleep on election night, and I always wake up early and anxious, but I am no longer WFH tomorrow so I have to be up and out.

soobalias
    Free Member

Thursday night bike ride, turns into a few drinks, turns into a lock-in, wobble home in the small hours, put the telly on and fall asleep on the sofa.

sorry what was the question.

ThePinkster

Will go to bed my normal time and get up my normal time.

i don’t see what difference staying up late to hear what I’ll hear anyway tomorrow morning will make, other than being tired at work.

Jamie
    Free Member

Last time I just went to bed and woke up to a belligerent child…..being made president of the United States.

wilburt
    Free Member

Can we have predictions yet?

I’m going for less than 20 Blue majority so the whole thing was a waste of time.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Friday Drinks will start early with me in a bad mood – sounds familiar

thomthumb
    Free Member

after having stayed up too many times in the past only to see tiny shetland island constituencies then a few larger ones come in – but on the whole you don’t have enough come in to be significant, i’ll be waking up early to get a better picture. Maybe 4/5am.

piemonster

No time to watch it. Too busy practicing kneeling before our fascist overlords.

mudshark
    Free Member

i don’t see what difference staying up late to hear what I’ll hear anyway tomorrow morning will make, other than being tired at work.

But it can be so exciting – if your party does unexpectedly well….

Watching the results come in all night as a student in ’92 was brilliant.

fifeandy
    Free Member

And start drinking wine?

Surely this is why Duvet days were invented 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

My clock is an hour ahead of the UK, so I’ll probably check in at about 05:00 my time to have a look at whether the UK is going to turn into Ghormenghast or Maduroville…

phiiiiil

We have a seven month old daughter to look after which generally involves being up a few times during the night. It’s impossible to not just “quickly check” what’s going on, but then it makes it impossible to go back to sleep afterwards, even if the little miss has gone back down herself…

jolmes
    Free Member

Same as phiiiiil but we have our 7 week old lad to look after, hes in that sleep all day awake all night stage…i’ll probably end up watching quit a bit of it in shifts with the mrs.

ads678

I think I’d rather watch golf than watch the election results, dull, dull, dull….

I’ll cast a vote but my interest stops there.

Surely this is why Duvet days were invented

Are duvet days actually a thing? Are there actually companies that allow you to just ring up and say “sorry boss, can’t be arsed today. Deadlines can wait”??

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Only just woken up here.

DezB
    Free Member

Staying up late to watch the Torys voted in? How weird.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Are there actually companies that allow you to just ring up and say “sorry boss, can’t be arsed today. Deadlines can wait”??

It’s called the raging…. or whatever 24hr bug you can go for

mikey74
    Free Member

Are duvet days actually a thing? Are there actually companies that allow you to just ring up and say “sorry boss, can’t be arsed today. Deadlines can wait”??

Yes, Local Authority Planning departments, for a start 😆

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Start getting ready for bed at 8.30, bed by 9 asleep by 10 past. Every night of everyday of every week etc.

sorry sounds awfully rude to ask, but are you 8 or 80?

( i presume you have an early start, but man that is early to bed)

Drac

All night.

clipper247
    Free Member

I’m working a late shift, so will be home by 2am – I doubt I’ll be in bed before the sun is up.

kayla1
    Free Member

Nope. I stopped up to watch the last one in 2015 and was gutted so I went to the library this morning for some books and I’ll be going to bed before 10 with a herbal tea and dealing with the news in the morning 😕

ThePinkster

Yes, Local Authority Planning departments, for a start

They have duvet months don’t hey?

Kryton57

Surely this is why Duvetal days were invented

Fixed.

Markie
    Free Member

I’ll be up for the exit poll then bed. Prob wake up early (6ish) and have a read of what folk are saying. Then on with the day. Roll on a future without May or Corbyn.

smogmonster

Working is Guyana, 5 hrs behind the UK, so i’ll see most of until about 3am UK time, when it’ll be pretty obvious the outcome, then bed and carry on as you were, for better or for worse.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘The Swingomoter is coming!! How late you staying up?’ is closed to new replies.