Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The Spinning Wheel of Death
  • rascal
    Free Member

Nothing to do with bikes. More to do with Macs. And STW.
    Not sure if it’s me but had the dreaded wheel of death stall on lappy and work Mac a lot over last 2 days on this site – involves force quitting Safari.
    Anyone else?

jimdubleyou

Anyone else using Safari? Not here…

somafunk

I’m using safari on my mac – the site’s been fine for a few weeks, i hardly ever have to log in anymore

slowoldman

No problem for me on macbook pro, El Cap, Safari.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Have a look at activity monitor – I’ve noticed Flash maxing out CPU on some other forums – you can kill that as a separate process

CountZero

Have a look at activity monitor – I’ve noticed Flash maxing out CPU on some other forums – you can kill that as a separate process

Do people still use Flash?
    I thought even Adobe had more or less consigned it to oblivion.
    Having said that, my iPad 3 has been struggling more and more opening pages where there’s lots of activity with ads and such, and with more and more advertising being crowbarred in, I can only see it getting worse over time, unless you have the latest whizzy device with maximum RAM and high-speed processor.
    One might even think it’s a device manufacturers ploy to encourage updating by encouraging ever increasing advertising…
    Makes you think… ™ © ® 😉

rickmeister

Have you done the Empty Cache thing from the Safari drop down menu. It seems to cure it on my Mac.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Same here. I’ll try the above suggestions.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Your not a Big blue P so maybe you have the adverts loading.
    How old is your Mac?

somafunk

Perhaps try a reset of your NVRAM, easy to do and often helps mac issues

slowoldman

Do people still use Flash?

Well plenty of websites still do, sadly.

maccruiskeen

Not noticed any probs with safari when on the forum but I’ve had bother a few times over the last few days with eBay

maccruiskeen

Just had an episode on STW so presumably its an ad causing the problem on either site (unless I had a window open with STW when I was having the eBay prob). Its only happened two or three times during the last week so either whatever ad it is rarely displays or doesn’t cause a problem every time it does. Last few times I’m managed to just quite safari but just now everything locked up completely and I had to force the machine to shut down.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘The Spinning Wheel of Death’ is closed to new replies.