Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The Michael Ride – a themed MTB route in Radnorshire
  • simey
    Free Member

On a recent holiday in Radnorshire I completed a 60 mile ride visiting 7 Radnorshire churches dedicated to St. Michael.

I made a record of the day, and also wrote up a detailed route guide, all to be found on the
    Michael Ride webpage

Well over half the ride (in terms of time spent pedalling) is off-road, though really the challenge is more endurance than technical. I can’t imagine wanting to ride this sort of distance distance without some kind of goal, and the Michael theme was just perfect. Of course the Radnorshire countryside is a wonderful place to spend any amount of time – my guess is a fit rider with enough food could probably manage it in less then 8 hours.

Anyone else every tried a “point-to-point” ride like this?

cinnamon_girl

Well done! A personal challenge, ie one devised by oneself, must be incredibly satisfying. The area obviously means much to you and, I must say, churches are such interesting places. I do enjoy reading about the history of a village, who lived there etc. and they do look full of character.

What’s your next challenge going to be then?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘The Michael Ride – a themed MTB route in Radnorshire’ is closed to new replies.