Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • The meeting of the Gods will soon be upon us "SSUK 2010"
  • stumpynya12
    Free Member

To all the SS Gods on here, we band of merry men soon shall meet once more ! I know its early but the Yarkshire crew are getting very very excited. Do we need a passport to get into wales ? Will the niche boys be taking parents (is Sheldons mum attending)? Right time get out & start training for the Race…… to the bar YAHOO beer beer and more beer.

sheldona
    Free Member

Oi, leave my mum out of this 😉

tazzymtb

I'll be quietly sitting in corner being a good boy, so please keep the rowdy "yarksire" drinking songs to an acceptable level old bean or else I'll slip some gears on your bike when you are not looking 😉

sheldona
    Free Member

I'll slip some gears on your bike when you are not looking

………and cover it in smelly cheese

thekingofsweden

Do you know someone that knows someone who knows sheldon ?

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Good evening fellow GODS . How good is this going to be boys, i'm getting far to excited far to early but heh its the way with us yarkshire folk. Taz.. you dont do quiet and tollah you get to play this time buddy without all that sensible I'm the arranger head on. Drink drink drink and then we RACE….

sheldona
    Free Member

RACE? Sorry old chap I have no idea what RACE is? I am planning on attending and riding my bike may dabble in a beer or two and certainly be bringing a cheese board along 😉

tazzymtb

Taz.. you dont do quiet

How Very Dare you!! 😀

tazzymtb

starting to get so excited a bit of "sex wee" escaped just thinking about

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Are places still available for this? I didn't think I was able to attend but plans have changed. I'm determined to get in the top 3 this year (yes, I treat SSUK as a race!) after 2 4th places but would be very sad if I can't go.

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

looking forward to it. Not sure whether to run 32:16 or 32:15 though 😕

Is the 'race' really only 7.5k ??

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I think a lot of people may have got grumpy at the length of Dalby 😉

thekingofsweden

I have some very special cheese on order .

Oops wrong event ,never mind bring your cheese on the ride and we can have it at the beer stop :-))

singlespeedstu

You treated it as a "race" and came 4th.

Tryhard loser. I'd stick to the geared "races" if i were you. 🙄 😉

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Oh well if there is going to be a cheese board I'll bring along some port…….

…..and some red wine, and some whiskey (any preference) and some beer,

if I've any room left I may even bring a bike,

See y'all there!!

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Cheese sorted,beer sorted, race training orrrr shite i knew i forgot something. If that beer stop is as far away as Niche boys stop us Yarkshire race wippets may not make it that far, but fear not we have a plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a fox.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

My backside is a little less sore after geared races. And my tweed a little less stained.

😉

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Soiled tweed … Now thats my favorite Stane 😯 1 of 7 i believe
    May I politely suggest we post a count down everyday so as to avoid the geared freaks on here missing out on the fact that they are missing out on the best gathering since SSEC 2010 ? It would be rude of us not to keep people informed I fear……

sheldona
    Free Member

SSEC isn't over yet as we're still waiting for some prizes to arrive from Singletrack towers so we can distribute them to the Robots ;-o

singlespeedstu

SpokesCycles – Member

My backside is a little less sore after geared races
    So you push back harder at singlespeed events then.

still waiting for some prizes to arrive from Singletrack towers

Drums fingers and thinks that hell migh freeze over before that happens. 😐

postierich
    Free Member

Looking forward to it seeing that i missed the event of the year(ssec).Hopefully will have another lovebus sorted out by then after mine got rearended!!

sheldona
    Free Member

Sad news about the bus mate ;-(

MrSparkle

Yorkshire? Tch.
    Mr Sparkle and son will be in attendance with video camera and possibly the Tandem of Doom!

igm

Stumpy – I'm wondering about a Yorkshire tug o'war team. I'll offer up my 16st and Richard from Fulford Cycles will be down as well – don't know if he's interested though. Some of your lads ain't exactly small (mad chilli eaters excepted of course) – so I'm thinking it might work, but I'm too lazy to organise it.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Ian… Top idea. We will sort it on the day. Chillimans missing this event but I tip the scales at 70kgs so I will be the token female 8O(Plese be aware this is not an offer to partake in sexual favours)

Mr sparkle can we have ago on the tandom of doom,please ?

sofaking
    Free Member

postierich, surely they didnt right your dub off for that little knock ?

Can i make a suggestion to the organizers that we sort out the finishing order before the event (ala F1) to save anyone getting to hot and sweaty on what should be a nice chilled weekend. it will also stop any altercations between the tryhards and the notsotryhards when out on the course.

what time are we allowed to roll up on Friday ?

MrNutt
    Free Member

shouldn't that read "meeting of the Odds"?

TheSwede
    Free Member

Will there be a see saw of truth for a wok off.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Oh Yes and a shore to mince on, happen than nars eee by eck. Is there going to be a dress (frock as we say up north) code ?

sofaking
    Free Member

Will there be a see saw of truth for a wok off.

think of the risk report with the loads involved (stu, don etc)

tazzy would have nightmares

tazzymtb

tazzy would have nightmares

no risk assessing for me on this one 😀
    so Let's add spinning blades and pit with scorpions and a couple of rabid badgers to any seesaw shenanigans!!

tazzymtb

see they are terrifying and one of them has tache just like singlespeedstu wants…..

in fact they could be twins! does stu ever suffer from a "wind of change" ?

sheldona
    Free Member

I can report Stu's comedy tash is errrrrrrrrrrrr comedy, just needs some bugger grabbers to go with it now 🙂

mtbmatt
    Free Member

looking forward to it. Not sure whether to run 32:16 or 32:15 though

Is the 'race' really only 7.5k ??

It's going to be about 30-40km. Depends on how many laps we decide we want people to do.

sofaking
    Free Member

It's going to be about 30-40km. Depends on how many laps we decide we want people to do.

you can decide all you like!
    i know how many laps i'm doing 8)

singlespeedstu

i know how many laps i'm doing

Me too. 8)

thekingofsweden

dont forget me tooooo 😯

ps stu's tash is quite er tickly !

MrSparkle

Mr sparkle can we have ago on the tandom of doom,please ?

You crazy fool!
    If we manage to a. keep it intact long enough to get it there and b.find a way to get it in the car with all our other stuff then you are more than welcome, fella.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Never mind DNF, how about DNS.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Orrrr thanks Mr Sparkle "the tandem of doom" SSUK just got a whole lot more shonky. DNF, DNS, DFL etc etc we might be TPTSAR as in two pi*sed to start a race. I guess it will come down to passing the dope test on the day 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘The meeting of the Gods will soon be upon us "SSUK 2010"’ is closed to new replies.