Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • The iDave legacy..
  • vinnyeh

A difficult summer’s seen me put on a bit of weight, so I’m going to knuckle back down on the diet.
    Anyone got any new recipes/stories/alternative eating regimes?
    Tales of magical weight loss?
    And where is the man himself, these days?

MrNutt
    Free Member

rumour has it that the poor fella was found choked on a mint sauce key ring…

soobalias
    Free Member

first rule of iDave….

get yourself a read of 4hr Body – to give yourself the background
    also read Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle

Since iDave, we have had a resurgence of those paleo, caveman, lo-carb, raw vegan diets and the big thing this year the fast diet, or 5:2.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think the paying customers are still waiting for their plans

Only long term healthy eating and exercise will lead to weight stability not some fad followed by the next followed by the next

DezB
    Free Member

Only long term healthy eating and exercise will lead to weight stability not some fad followed by the next followed by the next

Exactly right

vinnyeh

Ah, thanks. Last time round I used a few of the four hour recipes, but don’t know much about the rest. How do they relate to the plan we all know and love? Refinements, or completely different basis?

Coyote
    Free Member

I believe that iDave now shares a boat with surfmat and they pass their time by winking at each other and saying “Awesome”.

vinnyeh

I think the paying customers are still waiting for their plans

😕

Wasn’t this the central plank to the iDave diet?

cr500dom
    Free Member

4 Hr body is the book, I also have the 4hr cookbook.

I haven’t read it yet though which explains why I am back up to my previous “Fat bstard” weight.

I did lose 19lbs in 3 months on iDave/4HB though, just when Jr #2 came along something had to give which happened to be sensible food shopping and prep, along with exercise 🙁

I will get back on it soon though

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I believe that iDave now shares a boat with surfmat and they pass their time by winking at each other and saying “Awesome”.

Are they giving each other the Bertie Pistols as well?

molgrips
    Free Member

Exactly right

That’s kind of the point. iDave/4hr body/paeleo are long term plans rather than fads. They are entirely sustainable. It’s amazing how easy it is not to eat starchy foods once you get your head around it and break out of tradition.

I never have starch with my meals any more, don’t even think about it. My only weakness is sugar and cakes, whose prohibition is likey to be a feature of any healthy eating plan, to be fair 🙂

ton

i know a bloke who lost nearly 5 stone on idaves plan, and he has kept it off by sticking to idaves plan.

i like idave and his plan.

footflaps

Just contract amoebic dysentery, the weight will be gone in no time.

hora
    Free Member

How about eat your tea earlier?

Run in the evenings

Dont drink alcohol during the week?

Coyote
    Free Member

I believe they are Captain, I believe they are…

Drac

Run in the evenings

Dont drink alcohol during the week?

Thank god I’m not fat.

montarius
    Free Member

I never have starch with my meals any more, don’t even think about it

Hang on, I thought you have a cheese sandwich for lunch everyday??

ton

my weekly shop now consists of,

eggs
    chicken
    fresh fish
    salad
    ton’s of veg.

it does not consist of any of the following,

bread
    pasta
    rice
    biscuits
    cake
    milk
    fizzy pop
    cheese

molgrips
    Free Member

I thought you have a cheese sandwich for lunch everyday??

Who said that?

soobalias
    Free Member

wasnt it the foundation of your “waaah im not claiming enough expenses” troll?

Kryton57

ton – Member

eggs
    chicken
    fresh fish
    salad
    ton’s of veg.

bread
    pasta
    rice
    biscuits
    cake
    milk
    fizzy pop
    cheese

You omitted your daily 15 pints of beer intake from either list.

molgrips
    Free Member

Cheese sandwiches weren’t, no.

Kryton57

After a chat on here with Molgrips I’ve lost a stone and kept it off by:

Not eating 2 x per week before road bike intervals between breakfast at 7am an the intervals, cutting out booze from MOnday to Thursday and generally avoiding the purchase of any crap. If I have to eat on the move I buy fruit or nights and at the worst an Eat Natural bar.

Its not a huge effort as far as dieting efforts go, but I have found that my appetite has decreased, and it works for me.

montarius
    Free Member

You did..

“£12.50/week then. Loaf of bread and some cheese = £4.50”

“Make my own lunch? So what, take five lots of cheese sandwiches in my suitcase? Don’t fancy eating those on a Friday.”

“If I’m at home, or commuting from home I can eat my own sandwiches at little cost.”

Lots of references to starch there 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

That was the hypothetical cheapest lunch.

In any case, I spent a few hours on Sunday night making soups and stews to bring with me to work, since I found a fridge. I only had enough room for three servings but that’s ok. On that day I had a bean/meat salad from Tortilla.

ton

my 15 pint are kept for my day off…..all guilt free…. 8)

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Whatever the **** happened to iDave..? I missed that one, probably during my self-induced hiatus from STW – provoked by iDave-diet-induced ana-bulemia and an eventual six months of counselling.
    Glad he’s gone though. This is a much nicer place now without that freakazoid… Oh, and I’m happier too.. 😀

scruff
    Free Member

no-eyed-deer,

I’ll tell him next time I see him. Im sure he’ll be devastated to hear what you said.

winston_dog
    Free Member

That’s kind of the point. iDave/4hr body/paeleo are long term plans rather than fads. They are entirely sustainable. It’s amazing how easy it is not to eat starchy foods once you get your head around it and break out of tradition.

+1

The whole reduced carb/low GI diet is not a fad. It is a different way of eating and for me gaining a better understanding of what certain foods do to my body. I can’t eat starchy food now it just tastes wrong!

In a few years time the official diet advice will change – you heard it here first! 🙂

andypaul99
    Free Member

All diets are sustainable, just some require more focus and planning.

The most popular diets are ones that tell you good things about your bad habits, hence the popularity of Paeleo.

snakebite
    Free Member

I ride with him and we have Guinness, lobby and crusty bread in the pub after our Tuesday ride. He is still quicker than most and makes it look so easy…. he will be really cross about this thread.

molgrips
    Free Member

All diets are sustainable

Not all, there are some silly fads intended to crash diet. Like the cabbage soup diet..!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

eggs
    chicken
    fresh fish
    salad
    ton’s of veg.

bread
    pasta
    rice
    biscuits
    cake
    milk
    fizzy pop
    cheese

My weekly shop consists of all of the above. I’m not fat.

Everything in moderation, suplimented with a decent amount of exercise. It’s really not very hard.

maccruiskeen

That’s kind of the point. iDave/4hr body/paeleo are long term plans rather than fads

I think that was the opposite of iDave’s plan, as least as he originally described it – he didn’t present it as a long term dietary change but as tool for shedding weight as preparation, for instance, for a sporting event. Thats not to say it was necessarily faddy it was just a programme with a short term goal.

molgrips
    Free Member

Don’t think so mac.

Everything in moderation, suplimented with a decent amount of exercise. It’s really not very hard.

Don’t **** start this again.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes they dont want to hear that they want a magic pill and/or a someone to blame – sugars in food, refined carbs / modern farming – metabolism whatever

Its certainly got nothing to do with how much they put in themselves or how much of this they use by moving

BigJohn

Contrary to some opinions, Dave’s a good guy and his diet is a good basis for a long term eating plan.

molgrips
    Free Member

I said don’t start!

miketually
    Free Member

This is sort of true, but you have to define healthy eating…

If somebody ate 5000 calories a day of high fat low carb food for three weeks, would they get fat?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Did they use up 5000 calories a day or only 1500?

He is a great guy and just because he ripped some folk off and did not deliver on dietary plans despite oddles of promises to do so then disappeared from here in ignominy is no reason to be rude about how great he is
    😕

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘The iDave legacy..’ is closed to new replies.