Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • The Force Awakens…
  • Cougar

Teaser trailer 2 is out.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs[/video]

Oh. My. God.

mikey74
    Free Member

I see wookies don’t go grey. I wonder what their secret is.

beej

Hair dye.

back2basics
    Free Member

ahhh but we have all been fooled by trailers before my young Padawans – forget we do about Phantom Menace,,,,,,,,,

seriously though, i had a little wee when i saw that downed Empire Star Destroyer!

Drac

Looking good.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Just For Wookie?

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Hang on, that’s the lightsaber Luke loses in Empire when his hand gets cut off

That’s it, i’m out

munkyboy
    Free Member

If jar jar gets it in the first five minutes I might forgive them.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Hmmm Tie fighter or X-Wing, decisions, decisions……

scuttler

Proper mint! Lovin the crashed Star Destroyer.

shermer75
    Free Member

Kashyyykian 2000

daftvader
    Free Member

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please don’t be shit!!!!!

jon1973
    Free Member

The Ewok Adventure set the bar too high.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

It will be better than Jedi, I doubt it will be better than Empire.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Tie fighter or X-Wing

Falcon.

CaptJon
    Free Member

apart from crashed star destroyer, meh

senorj

At what age is it socially acceptable to introduce my boy to Star Wars? 😀

eulach

I thought Chewbacca was dead? Or does this film completely depart from the rest of the Star Wars universe? Or has it all gone a bit Bobby Ewing?
    Meh.

Harry_the_Spider

hold on… hold on…

Luke say’s “My father [u]HAS[/i][/u] it.”

Not dead?

mogrim

daftvader – Member
    Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please don’t be shit!!!!!

This + 1000000000

… but looking good so far. Love the white panel Tie fighters on (presumably) Hoth.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohhh most excellent..

How far away is December exactly??

Pigface
    Free Member

Oh please, this is going to have to go some to eradicate the last 6 disasters.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please let someone say “This is not a game of Who The **** Are You“!!!!!

anagallis_arvensis

At what age is it socially acceptable to introduce my boy to Star Wars?

My son is four and has seen them all apart from revenge of the sith. Although he did attack the other kids at nursery with a stick once whilst pretending to be luke.

Just showed him the new trailer. He shouted look, millenium falcon!!

Unsure why people are moaning about the star destroyer….you do realise these films are made up fantasy dont you? Search your feelings you know it to be true!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Slight spoiler.. there will be the 1st female stormtrooper in the film..

timb34
    Free Member

So the girl must be Han and Leia’s daughter?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Dunno.. she’s not allowed to say anything..

dudeofdoom

I can still remember seeing the original star wars posters on the wall when no-one knew what star wars was 🙁

Its the opening scene of when the star destroyer goes over and the cinema feels like its going to self destruct that always sticks in my mind…

Naah i’m no watching the trailers…Im gonna wait and bathe in it..

JJ Abrahams did good with Star Trek and I reckon he’ll follow thru.

IHN

I thought Chewbacca was dead?

eh, when?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

it makes perfect sense for that to be luke’s old lightsaber anyway; it was presumably in the star destroyer after his hand was cut off on bespin.
    or maybe not. who knows.

anyway, this looks amazing and you naysayers are wrong.

i’ll leave you with this, that a friend of mine wrote:

“If George Lucas is like the once loving father that made a mistake and betrayed your trust and leaves you abandoned and angry at the world then JJ Abrams is like that boyfriend yer mam gets years later that actually remembers your birthday and has some decent records and doesn’t try to molest you. Top lad”

back2basics
    Free Member

@harry+the_spider

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh its been deduced that its the Return of the jedi speech “roughened up” for an elder voice…..

funny thing about that melted vader helmet…..does that mean someone has gone back to The 4th Moon of Endor where Vader was burned….or did Luke take it with him for a keepsake (!!)

The more i see it the more i wonder if they are going to touch upon anything to do with setting up the new senate and its after effects of “destroying” the Empire – or if it will be brushed aside as “everything descended into chaos and thats when the dark side comes back”

for sure i see the following surprises in the film
    Yoda as a Force Ghost
    Obi Wan as a Force Ghost (your telling me Ewan McG wouldnt do a little piece in this movie him being a big fan of SW)
    Han dies at the hands of an evil Jedi
    The tie fighter scene with the falcon – its not what it first appears, too easy a storyline to have the Empire back as it was just without the emperor….

whatever – its going to be exciting and as stated above pllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllease not sh**

bombjack
    Free Member

As a massive fanboy I’m not ashamed to admit that it got a little dusty round here when I first watched the new trailer.
    And jeesus, the crashed x-wing / Star Destroyer in the desert – Just awesome.
    My oldest boy is 4 and a huge fan of the SW rebels cartoon & original trilogy (on VHS might I add…) I think the first viewing will be on my own however. No way I’m having this ruined by questions from either him or my wife.

senorj

Although he did attack the other kids at nursery with a stick once whilst pretending to be luke.

Oh dear, I better give it a couple of years then.
    The child minder still hasn’t gotten over theCumbrian wrestling head locks I showed him… 😉

the-muffin-man

I think the first viewing will be on my own however.

A great idea!

daftvader
    Free Member

Minivader was 4 when we watched the original films and he has seen the rest now apart from revenge of the sith. We both watched the trailer last night and both sat transfixed!! We may be slightly obsessed 😀 Both of us love the rebels series and I’m currently decorating his room with a very heavy starwars influence…

phil40
    Free Member

Chewbacca dying was in the EU, when Disney took over the reigns they have called all of the EU to that point ‘legends’ so it is not canon! I think that is a really good thing because it has freed them up to take this films in a different direction.

To be fair a load of the EU became whiny emu nonsense, with the emperor making lots of returns (clones etc)! The only part I am slightly sad about is that Mara Jade will not be around.

I think that the books that have come out recently, Tarkin, heir to the Jedi, and the rebels stuff is now canon and will be consistent with the films.

I have just realised how sad I am to know all of this stuff! I need to get a life 🙂

phil40
    Free Member

And yes my son LOVES Star Wars, although to him it is a cartoon (clone wars and rebels) so he finds it odd that there are real actors in Star Wars!

i thi both trailers have been fab, and think JJ is going to do an excellent job!

nbt

Monday Night Pub Ride get f*****, STW goes to the cinema. We could block book the Imax in That Manchester and fill it with Middle Class Whiny Cockbags desperate to see StarWars. I’d buy a ticket 😉

thetallpaul
    Free Member

I thought Chewbacca was dead?

eh, when?

According to the books Chewie dies in 25 ABY (After the Battle of Yavin iirc) when extra-galactic invaders destroy Sempidal.

When is this sequel supposed to be set?

[Edit] Just seen phil40’s post. Didn’t know that.

the-muffin-man

My daughter is a bit meh about Star Wars (although I have made her watch all of them).

She’s positively giddy with excitement about Age of Ultron though!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘The Force Awakens…’ is closed to new replies.