Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The Fan Dance
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone else doing this? Run next weekend over some of the Beacons. 24km in all.

I think I’d better pack the snowshoes.

andybanks
    Free Member

Mate’s done it three times now with full kit and back pack – it ain’t easy.

Sandwich

I wouldn’t want to do the “proper” fan dance. Full pack, weapon and boots no thanks.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Did that and the reverse.once forwards follwed bybthe same route backwards, with full pack. Was a bit out of breath after.

wrecker
    Free Member

Not really the hardest bit though is it!
    It’s such a well known test that I’m not surprised that people want a go and if some ex squaddie can make a few quid from it then bloody good luck to them!

molgrips
    Free Member

The website seems to make a big deal out of the SAS mythology. Personally I don’t give a toss, it’s just an event to me. I’m not doing it laden either.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Good luck anyway!! Don’t think my quads would speak to me again if I did it 😀

TooTall
    Free Member

The website seems to make a big deal out of the SAS mythology. Personally I don’t give a toss, it’s just an event to me.

Given that the event would probably not exist without the SAS having done it for so long, I can see why it would be marketed in that way. Not sure there is another ‘up, down, turn around, up, down’ race out there.

Good for you not giving a toss tho. No. Really.

ampthill

Mate held the regimental record for this

Do they give you a knackered old rifle and Burgen to carry?

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Proper men do it with WW2 boots and no laces.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Hah! Boots now?

molgrips
    Free Member

You have to supply your own rucksack/Bergen if you want to do the weighted race, which they weigh.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘The Fan Dance’ is closed to new replies.