Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The Chimp Paradox
  • desboy3
    Free Member

Keep seeing The Chimp Paradox along the sidebars here and wondered if anyone had read it? It’d be good to hear a few opinions from the collective mind here. Ta!

Kryton57

I’m in the middle of it right now.

FWIW I feel its very good, but it will appeal to those that suffer from the issues the methodology attempts to address. Those that don’t have those issue will find it less useful.

Its certainly given me food for thought and I am slowing down / analysing my actions to discover the benefits of boxing the chimp.

cookeaa

I had to google it, I’m clearly not getting the same banner ad’s as you, obviously your tracking cookies have indicated to STW/google that you need help with “Mind management”…

The internetz knows you’re turning into a mental before you do now…

Its par for the course though; Bing diagnosed me as a paranoid schizophrentic all because I did a search for Kettle chips… no wonder they’re loosing Microsoft money…

Tomdowie
    Free Member

I’ve just started reading my copy. If he can help Chris Hoy and Victoria Pendleton etc he’s definitely someone to listen too. I’m looking forward to getting through the thing.

The mental side to your riding is well over 60% of the battle

yunki
    Free Member

unleash the chimp I say..

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Spank the chimp I say

Kryton57

Tomdowie – Member
    I’ve just started reading my copy. If he can help Chris Hoy and Victoria Pendleton etc he’s definitely someone to listen too. I’m looking forward to getting through the thing.

Like all these things, reading the book won’t help you – putting into practise the advice might. Note that Pendleton is so bad, she/the coaches employed the author to be at her side during her events.

The mental side to your riding is well over 60% of the battle

Very true – chimp throws toys out of pram during SITS due to conditions and says no to that extra lap, logical human says I “could” do this. In my case chimp won :-/

Tomdowie
    Free Member

Very true.
    I’ve spent time with a sports psychologist before. It was mad the amount of focus I went into my next race with. I struggled with qualifying runs and the pressure with them. I’d have the odd good one but the nerves and pressure got to me.
    After the session I felt no nerves just focus and had my best qualifying time and keep improving even now.

Thumbs up sports psychologists

CountZero

Oook!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The Chimp Paradox’ is closed to new replies.