Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • The Bikefest Photo Thread
  • monkeyboyjc

Took quite a few photos this am at Bristol Bikefest as the weather turn out nice, unfortunatly i couldnt ride as im recovering from a bout of Labyrinthitis – i took so many its taken all afternoon to upload less than half!….
    Album can be found here
    still uploading another 200 or so shots – so check back later and see if you can find your self! (i was the guy in the grey hoody and black back pack wandering around the course). Please excuse the quality of the photos – i’m no pro…

too many photos to put in a thread – so here are some randoms….

alcolepone
    Free Member

looks good
    i should have done the 12hr

monkeyboyjc

well it has been pissing it down all week – untill today 😀

c_klein87

have they made it even harder to overtake by lining the course edge with rocks!?

cool photos 🙂

monkeyboyjc

the rocks have been there a couple of months now (ithink there was a thread on this a while back)- overtakes seemed very courteous this year, with most people (99%) asking politely – i only heard one shouting match where one of the Torq guys (in the lead of the solo 12hr) overtook a very guy in a 4 hour team at some speed, 4 hour guy didnt like this and tried to chase him for 200yrds or so shouting his guts out….

monkeyboyjc

almost there – just another 100 or so 137 to upload…..
    stupid slow internet… 🙄

grahamh
    Free Member

Jeez, not even started to upload mine…
    will post the link when I have 🙂

grahamh
    Free Member

first batch
    now just have to sort though the 1,500 other photos 😕

Ambrose

Did he shout ‘Strava’?

monkeyboyjc

Finaly mangaed to get the final few uploaded – (its alot quicker on a sunday am)

MarkyC
    Free Member

Thanks for posting the photos. Did you get one of the bus that ran me over, or is that just how I’m feeling this morning? 😉

MrAgreeable

Did anyone get photos of the jump near the finish line?

m0rk
    Free Member

Do the jump! Do the jump! Do the jump!

grahamh
    Free Member

[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8006/7172152339_98b9e16378_n.jpg[/img]

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Video here, the rider in the LVIS jersey at 1.00 minute in is most handsome. 😉

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMb0yhT0sfw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

flat4

Thanks for postinng those – a couple of good ones of me there!

Loved the event – 8th in Male Pairs in the end after breaking a chain on the first lap, switching to the spare and having to stop 4 or 5 times every lap to put the chain back on (1×9 with no chainguide – D’Oh!).

njee20
    Free Member

Good video!

I saw you every time I went out I think Kingtut!

i only heard one shouting match where one of the Torq guys (in the lead of the solo 12hr) overtook a very guy in a 4 hour team at some speed, 4 hour guy didnt like this and tried to chase him for 200yrds or so shouting his guts out….

4 hour? Did I miss something? When was that? Solo was won by a Wiggle rider too, who was leading the whole time.

The only ‘issue’ I had overtaking was thanking someone ‘good man’, who curtly replied “WOMAN!” 😳

Also nearly t-boning Kingtut coming out of the bombhole!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

The only ‘issue’ I had overtaking was thanking someone ‘good man’, who curtly replied “WOMAN!”

Heh, same here I wonder if it was the same woman, poor lass is going to have a complex now.

Aidan
    Free Member

Thanks monkeyboyjc – Do you mind if I post a couple of your photos on my blog?

Despite some doom-sayers before the event, I found people very courteous on the course (on both sides of the overtaking).

monkeyboyjc

Thanks monkeyboyjc – Do you mind if I post a couple of your photos on my blog?

not at all – they are open for use across the WWW.

4 hour? Did I miss something? When was that? Solo was won by a Wiggle rider too, who was leading the whole time.

my bad – was it 6 hrs on saturday? i think the Torq guys were leading the team event – seriously fast though 6 laps in the first two hours 5 mins…

cheers_drive

I took a few photos at the top of the gravel climb during the last hour

P1030692 by Cheers Drive, on Flickr
    Help yourself if you want a copy http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjohnson76/sets/72157630094425374/show/

njee20
    Free Member

my bad – was it 6 hrs on saturday? i think the Torq guys were leading the team event – seriously fast though 6 laps in the first two hours 5 mins…

Just the 12 wasn’t it?! Torq won the teams, thought you meant a leading Torq soloist.

Fairly irrelevant, only one overtaking based issue all day isn’t bad! I found everyone very courteous. I think because it’s acknowledged as an issue people are more aware of it than on a more open course.

m0rk
    Free Member

Overtaking was good. Lots of “when you’re ready” rather than tyre banging or barging.

I only got someone try to squeeze past and just rode into my bars thoughtfully. Still way better than “normal” racing

Still not found any pics of me, but I had a great time out and enjoyed the atmosphere.

hopster
    Free Member
    KINGTUT
    Free Member

Nice one hopster I can always rely on you to get a pic of me, proper breathing out my arse this time.

crispycross
    Free Member

Some really good photos in there, monkeyboyjc, cheers_dave and grahamh. Top work. I hope you had as much fun photographing the race as we did taking part in it.

monkeyboyjc

would rather have taken part… 😥

LordJingles
    Free Member

hopster – any chance of downloading a couple of your pics?

pedalhead
    Free Member

monkeyboyjc, could I use a few of your pics (of me) on my personal blog please?

monkeyboyjc

yep sure – no problem

pedalhead
    Free Member

thanks!

sharkymark
    Free Member

monkeyboyjc, could I use the 3 photos you took of me attempting a berm on a very small bike please? Macmillan are interested in some for their website. Thanks 🙂

monkeyboyjc

yep no problem – any one wants to use any of the bikefest photos i took of themselves, please feel free.

sharkymark
    Free Member

Thanks 😀

cool pics

grahamh
    Free Member

Finally.. finished uploading mine 😕

njee20
    Free Member

Oof, that’s not gonna end well!

The folk who’d crashed were easy to spot – the ones covered in massive white bandages!

njee20
    Free Member

It’s me!

Not a bad gurn! Good set of photos, well done.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Njee, how did you link that photo?

njee20
    Free Member

Went into the ‘media’ tab of page info IIRC (on my phone now).

Edit: that was on Firefox

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘The Bikefest Photo Thread’ is closed to new replies.