• This topic has 53 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • that shonky gathering in doset for one speed folk….ITS OPEN
  • charliedontsurf
    ontor
    Free Member

Done & entered. Chapeau Charlie!

I can’t wait.

basstronic
    Free Member

Done

Muke
    Free Member

Done and a nice bit of accomodation booked beside the sea to keep the rest of family happy 😀

Thanks Charlie

schmiken

Might have to build a SS for the wife now…

richen987
    Free Member

flap_jack
    Free Member

My old stamping grounds. Can’t go, but I wish you good luck and better weather, it looks a fab event.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Me and mrs pop are on it!

TimP
    Free Member

In, and a little excited…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Will be booking in the morning…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

In.

And then checked google maps – 5.5 hour drive each way. Ah well…

nedrapier

In like Dinkey King! 😕 ❓

I was thinking

“Might have to build a SS for the wife now…”

Then I just realised I’ll got 2 SS’able bikes anyway!

Happy jangles!

tazzymtb

in, all excited, feels like ssuk is back with a bang 😀

mattbee

Booked the wife and I in. Can’t wait!

funkynick

Money sent for me and betterer half…

I’m going to be in such a world of pain… I’ve hardly touched a bike in 6 months, and not ridden the single speed for about a year!

But then again, at previous SSUK’s I’ve only just about crawled to the start, having a stupid hangover, and then wimped out after being practically last after the first lap… so I doubt that will change this time either!

belugabob
    Free Member

Me and my wingman are in.
    See you all there

pictonroad

Yep, all booked, I’ll bring base camp and a fire, everyone loves fire…

bullheart
    Free Member

In.
    N
    And we’re bringing the Bullheart 7.5 ton mobile exhibition truck…

😯

khani
    Free Member

And we’re bringing the Bullheart 7.5 ton mobile exhibition truck

😯

Muke
    Free Member

Bullheart 7.5 ton mobile exhibition truck

That’s a pretty big ” plus something ”

I was thinking more of cake or sloe gin 😉

billyblackheart
    Free Member

Really liked the look of this…we have to go to wedding instead.

Aside from suggesting he’s playing away ill have to go next year

We’re in, myself, Mrs MTG and Mrs MTG’s daughter.
    Two of us riding, possibly three if we can get junior interested in bikes and able to ride 25 miles on a single speed by May. 😉

Edit;
    I paid by Paypal Gift. Will I get my entry confirmed by Saturday, or will I have to go in to a public forum sulk ?

nedrapier

MTG, I just read the pages again and found something I missed first time, (all entrants names in payment details – sorry Charlie!) there’s something in there about under 18s racing too. That relevant to MTjunior?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Doubt I will be riding by then but I might be able to drive down to watch.

I will try and rob some BBB water bottles or other stuff for you to give away as spot prizes if I do make it.

Thanks nedrapier. I’m sure I saw the under 18 thing when I first read it, then forgot when I came to pay.
    It looks like I’ve just paid £30 for a 13 year old to camp when she could have got in for free. 😕

flashes
    Free Member

There’s 4 Cheesy Riders booked, I’m so excited I’m moist….

bullheart
    Free Member

That’s a pretty big ” plus something “

I can’t afford a tent…

It’s got a microwave, coffee machine and a disability ramp. What more do I need?

And I’m parking up in a layby somewhere close, in order to not take up half the designated camping area!

Muke
    Free Member

What more do I need?

Beer fridge !

See you there 😀

Just seen this…UPDATE… CALIFORNIA FARM CAMPING IS SOLD OUT. PAY JUST £25 AND ARRANGE YOU OWN CAMPING.

qwerty
    Free Member

Funds sent, currently NFA, what’s the alternative athletes village of choice for all you performance enhanced athletes?

Cheezpleez

I’m in. Missed the cut for camping, though. Is Tom’s Field the next best bet?

qwerty
    Free Member

Tom’s Field the next best bet?

ingwerfuchs
    Free Member

Unless you know something I don’t, Tom’s Field and Acton Field aren’t taking bookings. Just rock up and hope for the best. 😕

bikebouy
    Free Member

Guys,
    I’ve entered and I don’t need camping yet I paid the £30.00 and cos’ I was so excited I didn’t realise you could pay £25.00.. 🙄 without camping..

I’ve mailed Charlie letting him know, so there is at least one more space for camping..

DrP

DO we get confirmation at all????
    How does it work?

Have I been scammed???

That’s it….
    I’m getting my <<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>> keys at the ready…

DrP

leanlanky
    Free Member

So, where is everyone else that missed California Barn going to be camping?
    Charlie mentioned “Atlantic Park” 300yds up the road, but I can’t find any details. Had I not been bugging him with too many emails already I’d ask him. Thought it best I put it to the masses on here first.

dave360

Is it curmudgeonly of me to ask that as there is “no racing, no camping, no marshals, very little in the way of markings and no medics” what I get for my 25 quid?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes, yes it is 😆

nedrapier

I think maybe it is, but as you’re asking,

What about a list…

1) the benefit of a lot of thought, planning, angst and organisation. some writ over here

2) a bloody good time

3) entry to a club and a contribution to the event insurance that makes it possible

over you the rest of you…

qwerty
    Free Member

It’s a very relaxed non racing reliability trial which combined with relaxed, non racing SSers should really test the reliability to the max. Oh, and beer.

ajantom

So, where is everyone else that missed California Barn going to be camping?
    Charlie mentioned “Atlantic Park” 300yds up the road, but I can’t find any details. Had I not been bugging him with too many emails already I’d ask him. Thought it best I put it to the masses on here first.

Tom’s Field looks nice – a bit more chilled out than the holiday park and cheaper. I emailed them, but they don’t take bookings. So it’s first come first served. I’m not too worried where I sleep, as I imagine most of the fun will be happening at California camping or the pub.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘that shonky gathering in doset for one speed folk….ITS OPEN’ is closed to new replies.