Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • That Quantocks vid on front page .
  • oldfart

As Jambo said Cheddar and all the villages with the funny sounding names are on the Mendips !! How come you didn’t show climbing back out of Smiths then ? 🙂 At best patronising twaddle , must do better .

SOAP
    Free Member

Rubbish!
    Thank god they have not shown all the good stuff. Now get off our land

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

To be fair, he says he’s in the south west, and then further narrows it to the tocks.

Does stick to the legal right of way though.

DanW
    Free Member

I’d love to know what was in their massive packs for a 25km ride. Also Chris Smith is not generally known as the “wheelie” king… he tends to manual a fair bit instead

jam-bo

not a terrible route but they missed some bangers and rode a couple of meh runs. I’ve never rated smiths.

Looked like They took the climb out of smiths to the right, past the dog pound and up over to the longstone DH.

jobro
    Free Member

I’ve never rated smiths.

I always thought that was considered blasphemy jambo, but I must agree. (Frog combe for me)

kristoff
    Free Member

im, a relative local (well in somerset) plan to visit the quantocks shortly, does anyone have any good gpx routes they could possibly email to me? only been on a couple of loops around the quantocks and a bit of a play on the trails around triscombe, but that was many a moon ago now.

noeljenkins

http://my.viewranger.com/route/details/NjgxNDI=

Don’t think that’s giving away too many local secrets.

kristoff
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂

jam-bo

I always thought that was considered blasphemy jambo, but I must agree.

it’s fun, but blows through gradient so fast in that top section and both routes out are shit. I only ever rode it if people visiting asked about it.

frog combe (northern side) is in the top three for me.

kraftyone
    Free Member

I enjoy the rocky section on Smiths and the flowing section after, but thinking about it, I agree… you do loose a lot of height before you get there and the climb out either way is a bitch.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Haven’t seen all of the video yet as I’m on holiday in Cornwall and have the worlds worst broadband connection. I’ve never really rated Smiths, It’s over too quick and dumps you at the wrong end of the Quantocks with a choice of a couple of horrible climbs or a ride across a field to the A39. My preferred descent is Somerton Combe, Slaughterhouse Combe is also worth a visit and very little used, probably due to it being a bit harder to find than some of the others.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

My favourite is Bin Combe, but the bottom end has suffered in recent years, and it dumps you at the bottom of a big ass climb either way you go.

jobro
    Free Member

My preferred descent is Somerton Combe, Slaughterhouse Combe is also worth a visit and very little used, probably due to it being a bit harder to find than some of the others.

Wheres the entry into Slaughterhouse Dibbs? I’m sure Knottie has taken me down it but I don’t remember it. Somerton is great. I always think its like riding out of control on marbles!

saladdodger
    Free Member

Sorry the Quantocks are shite not worth travelling to, please do not bother wasting your time

oxym0r0n

^this 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘That Quantocks vid on front page .’ is closed to new replies.