Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • That motor car show. You know the one.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Losing their anchor to a coke and hookers scandal didn’t do Have I Got News For You any harm, they just got weekly guest presenters in.

The Beeb are proposing the same solution for Top Gear and offering Hammond and May a bar a year each.

Will this work, petrol fans?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I doubt it.

Source?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Independent. Grawniad. CityAM.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

My pick for the new format, first week.

cubist
    Free Member

I think the last thing we need is Clarkson on Coke, can you imagine the ego?

PJM1974
    Free Member

My pick for the new format, first week.

I like Jo Brand, I think she’s ace.

Her brother also taught me GCSE physics. He is one of the finest teachers I ever had. His taste in 70s prog rock was disseminated to half of the class, but it’s impossible to hold that against him.

Pook

I predicted (maybe on here, in fact I think it was), that Clarkson would be given some timeout, maybe some counselling and then be brought back. This primes that perfectly.

molgrips
    Free Member

Deayton was jsut the presenter for HAGNFY, Clarkson co-created the material for TG so it’s more of a problem for the show.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Well the ‘Top Gear Live’ continues under another name

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32137424

Clarkson, Hammond and May Live

so catchy. Also, Clarkson will be back on BBC anyway. I wonder what show: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32407514

Northwind

I eagerly await the Frankie Boyle episode

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Deayton was jsut the presenter for HAGNFY, Clarkson co-created the material for TG so it’s more of a problem for the show.

True, but (assuming an even split between them each doing a section individually and one joint one per episode) that’s only 25% of the content. You could still fill an hour with a film by May, a film by Hammond, something with a celebrity extra (which they’ve done a lot of before with the likes of Steve Coogan) and the usual regular stuff.

I predict Clarkson being the Stig at some point and punching a producer.

slowoldman

Clarkson, Hammond and May Live

Very prog rock. Featuring May on Hammond?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Well, much of the format relies on the three of them buying a cheap lorry/tractor/hot hatch/supercar for £20 and then doing something stupid in them. Presumably this often takes weeks/months to sort out, so i can’t see how the guest presenters would manage.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Presumably this often takes weeks/months to sort out

Do you think maybe it isn’t the presenters that do that? Maybe they just step in for the filming bit?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What RB said, 10 minutes on autotrader and send the researcher out to buy it. I imagine most celebrities that want to be on TG will probably be fairly into their cars and probably doing it for fun, so will probably be happy to waste a few afternoons doing the background stuff.

bigdean

Between roadkill, chris harris, jay lenno, and mighty car mods on youtube. Do we need a beeb half hashed cash in?

muddyground
    Free Member

Jo lives not far from where I work. One day she was in front of me in the post office. Guy in front of her turned around, and said hello. “F*** off” was her reply. Loved her ever since.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘That motor car show. You know the one.’ is closed to new replies.