Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • That Mechhanger problem with the Boardman fs pro.
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Is it a myth or a real problem?Can you order a spare or an alternative hanger that fits.Thanks for any advice.

snotrag

Yes. Mine lasted two rides before my indexing went out, thought it was cable stretch but after starting to think Sram GX was awful I checked the hanger and had all the signs of bent/fatigued aluminium, enough to put the indexing out.
    BETD unit is nice and sturdy.

jclowes
    Free Member

Hi Monkey, have just screenshotted this and sent it to a friend who has the same bike and snapped his hanger on the first ride out, he replied with this…

Yea it is mate. Halfords replaced the whole group set on my bike with an uprated hanger too. If you put on that site to take their bike to halfords they put a free up rated hanger on for free, they cost £30 so well worth taking it back.

Hadge
    Free Member

You can order them direct from us at BETD here and they are much much better than the standard cheese one. Also have the linkage available that slackens the head angle in blue and black too.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I’ve not had any customers bring one back yet but as and when it happens they will get replaced with the BETD ones on warranty.

dryroasted
    Free Member

Ive only done 3 rides on mine and so far its been perfect, i was going to order a spare, if it brakes do i have to take the whole bike back or just the hanger

dryroasted
    Free Member

Also would it be an option to get a new air shaft for the pike and run it at 150/160 to slacken the head angle, it seems fine as it is to me but how would that change things

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘That Mechhanger problem with the Boardman fs pro.’ is closed to new replies.