Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • That guy's Porsche 911 Garage
  • righog
    Free Member

Following from the Vid posted in the Porsche 924 thread. Here is his garage. It’s a pretty cool place.

A Rather nice Garage

Anybody seen the Bike equivalent of this ?

theflatboy
    Free Member

that is class. want.

SaxonRider

Oh man, I sometimes wish I was rich.

wwaswas

I sometimes wish I was rich.

It’s the time to enjoy it that I’d want (most rich people I meet never seem to have time to do anythign but make money).

richmtb

Fair play, he’s put some serious effort into that.

Not sure on his choice of lift mind you, its seems dedicated to servicing that Porsche rather than any other cars he might eventually own

footflaps

Not sure on his choice of lift mind you, its seems dedicated to servicing that Porsche rather than any other cars he might eventually own

He doesn’t intend to own any others….

alfabus
    Free Member

sometimes I wish I had a longer attention span, a greater appreciation for detail and was more tidy.

My garage could be awesome, but it is inhabited by an untidy oaf, who just puts tools down wherever he last used them and fills every horizontal surface with junk.

Dave

mega
    Free Member

the last movie on this page is great
    http://www.12-gaugegarage.com/blog-12/index.html

he’s been driving same car on the same track for 12 years – no one show him strava for god’s sake!

godzilla
    Free Member

The dude is mad for G-clamps!

watsontony
    Free Member

geoffj

sometimes I wish I had a longer attention span, a greater appreciation for detail and was more tidy.

My garage could be awesome, but it is inhabited by an untidy oaf, who just puts tools down wherever he last used them and fills every horizontal surface with junk.

+1

tonyg2003

One of my cycling buddies has a dream garage. Porches (GT3RS and others) Ducattis, carbon road bikes and mountain bikes. Very bling!

BobaFatt
    Free Member

jeebus, that Garage Journal is my new pron site (skulks off to machine mart to price welders)

spacemonkey

Me likey.

Oh man, I sometimes wish I was rich.

I get the feeling he’s more comfortable than rich. He says “My budget for the whole thing — benches, cabinets, tile, even the lift — was under $3,500”

One day I might get to look inside the underground car-park of our neighbour’s house: 2 Veyrons amongst plenty more exotica 😯

BobaFatt
    Free Member

One day I might get to look inside the underground car-park of our neighbour’s house: 2 Veyrons amongst plenty more exotica

Christ, where do you live?

spacemonkey

Christ, where do you live?

That county just south of London where apparently we’re all blinking rich, drive Audis and ponce around on carbon steeds 🙂

His house cost £25m to build. And he has several others!

seba560
    Free Member

His house cost £25m to build. And he has several others!

Well, you would, wouldn’t you?

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

It needs a PC in the corner so he can ask STW how to remove a wheel nut.

and a kettle.

odannyboy
    Free Member

yep.def needs a brew station
    and a girlie calendar

mrlebowski
    Free Member

So supercars are ok yet 4x4s aren’t….

Typical STW… 🙄

ps Ive got nothing against either but I do wonder where my bikes would go in a 911 😕

Marmoset
    Free Member

It’s the time to enjoy it that I’d want (most rich people I meet never seem to have time to do anythign but make money).

That is soooo true, where I’m living in Perth at the moment has a number of very expensive houses down by the river – never seen anyone in them, big verandas etc with no one on them – they’re all too busy working to pay for the house they never see, just to present an image to the wider world of how successful they are. I think the value of time is vastly under rated….

jackolsen
    Free Member

Thanks!

The garage didn’t cost much, but it did involve a pretty big chunk of work on my part.

The guy in the 44 Bikes Frame Shop does some pretty amazing work.

I’m not sure of the 924 thread righog is referring to, but it probably had a link to the video that came out last week about the garage and my car.

If not, here it is:

[video]http://vimeo.com/57909173[/video]

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Interesting video, thanks for posting.

Stunning car, (in road config), but the pure single-mindedness of the venture is what inspires me. The antithesis of today’s instant society.

creaser
    Free Member

Not as nice as mine, but I could have that Porsche if I sold all my bikes

righog
    Free Member

The Swedish Chef – Member Stunning car, (in road config), but the pure single-mindedness of the venture is what inspires me. The antithesis of today’s instant society.

😀

Swedish chef. This is what really drew me in as well. My projects have meant that I have not been able to stay in the same house ( or own the house I live in ) and I would love to think that when I do settle down I could achieve something similar ( just with more bikes in the garage)

Hi Jack, here is the 924 thread ( I am sure you could add something ) and welcome to Singletrack

924 Thread

I am laid up in bed at the minute after an op, and I spent most of yesterday deciding which car would go in my garage in my next house so thanks for the distraction. I am thinking Alfa Romeo

One question, you mentioned that you also do some woodwork in the garage, how do you handle the wood dust in the garage. I too like to do woodwork but all but stopped because of the wood dust, getting all over the garage.

If You want to Singletrack the garage, a woodburning stove and a coffee machine would be required,a bike would be optional.

creaser – Member
    Not as nice as mine, but I could have that Porsche if I sold all my bikes

Come on, you can’t leave us hanging ! Pictures please. 😀

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Jack, awesome car and garage, amazing wht you can do with a little thought

Car sounds great too 😀

RustyMac

Jack,

Great car, fantastic garage. I would love to have a garage/workshop like that one day, the ingenuity of storage and work areas is brilliant. I can see myself referring to your thread and pictures for a long time to come.

Oh and welcome to STW.

footflaps

I think I’m more jealous of the garage than the car!

jackolsen
    Free Member

Thanks very much, guys.

I never thought of my car in terms of instant gratification, but I have to say I sometimes feel like the one monogamous guy in a world full of wild swingers.

righog, sawdust is bad. But when you get into welding and grinding, the metal dust can be even worse. I roll the car out when I’m generating any of that stuff. One of the reasons I ended up going with so much concealed storage was because of dust issues. When I’m done with a project, I pick up the big stuff, and then blow out the dust with a leaf blower. It’s not very elegant, but it’s fast. I’ve also got an attic type fan that I put in the ceiling, for smoke and the dust that’s fine enough to float around in the air, it replaces all of the air in the garage in about 5 minutes.

One of the benefits to a tile floor is how much less it holds onto dust. Concrete is not only porous, but most of it is also rough enough that you can never really sweep it clean. With the tiles, I can wipe up oil stains with a paper towel. I didn’t give it much thought before I impulsively bought it when I saw it on sale. But five years after putting it in, I think it’s one of the best ‘garage decisions’ I made. I like it almost as much as the lift.

righog
    Free Member

Thanks Jack 😀

I have been reading your thread on the garage journal, then spent most of day looking on Ebay for old Vice’s

somafunk

Stunning work Jack, and i don’t just mean the perfect 911, although it is a proper drivers car with no electronic aids in the slightest – my kind of car indeed – you’ve got to love the style and class that old cars have – i drive a 29yr old VW and like to think it’s in pretty good condition but that 911 is in another league altogether. That garage is just as much a work of art as the car is and i’m sure having such a pristine work space makes even the most time consuming and awkward jobs a pleasure, i don’t mind saying i have “garage envy” 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

Willow Springs race track on Top Gear right now!

righog
    Free Member

Thought I recognized it 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Gumtreeing for storage cabinets now 🙂

I need to utilise my storage better 🙂 , 2 sheds and second garage out the back and still im tripping over a v8 engine donor and gear box in my main garage.

Loving the tiled floor idea – something i will definantly consider when i go for my rebuild. ( want to put a bedroom and bathroom above it to extend the house so have to tear down and rebuild to strengthen foundations)

As for a love of g clamps , welders can never have enough clamps of any kind.

I love the keeping the tools hidden , not a fan of peg boards for anything more than the most common tools , i have a set of spanners on teeth and a couple of screw drivers and a flip set of hex keys on a small bit of pegboard as a too hand kit for fettling bikes but everything else is in roll cab or toolbox.

Wish we could get big boxes like the one you have based your bench on – over here you need to spend big bucks £850 for a clarke – was over in houston in december and went into sears ….. Sme of their toolboxes are a bargain.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘That guy's Porsche 911 Garage’ is closed to new replies.