Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Thank you insurance for my new bike…
  • bigdaddy

Following an incident where a motorbike came into my cycle lane and took me out, the nice insurance company said have a cheque – here’s what I bought…
    [/url][/img]
    [/url][/img]
    First ride this morning and god its fast – I’m in love! Just need to trim the steerer once position is finalised, before any comments!

weeksy

That must be harsh on rocks/roots ?

white101

hope my insurance is as kind 😀
    nice

bigdaddy

I was staggered how easy and quickly I got the money from his insurance – once I phoned them (as the biker hadn’t, cheeky boy), gave them the story, an email from the shop with quote, they dispatched the cheque for full amount within 2 days – nice one Aviva. It’s also amazing how much info and how easily obtained, you can get from t’internet re ownership of vehicles, address details, insurance details etc. I’m on the new bike less than a month after the accident, which included a week before doing anything!

will
    Free Member

Impressive detective work and impressive bike. Where can you find address details from?

Klunk
    Free Member

looks like it needs bigger wheels 😯

bigdaddy

If you have a genuine need (such as an accident), you can get vehicle owner details from the dvla website, for a couple of quid. Insurance details from the Motor Insurance Database, for £4. I actually had his address details, but as I hadn’t heard anything from him or his insurance I checked up on him myself, and discovered he hadn’t reported the accident. He must have ‘fessed up when they rang him for me to have got the money so quick – accident was clearly his fault, and with a witness! I’m well chuffed with the bike too!

hilldodger
    Free Member

but I thought all motorbikelists had super enhanced senses, lightning reflexes and impeccable road skilz, surely you must have been at fault somewhere………

bigdaddy

I’m sure the wheels are plenty big enough! Its an extra large frame – I am 6’3″ after all…

bigdaddy

but I thought all motorbikelists had super enhanced senses, lightning reflexes and impeccable road skilz, surely you must have been at fault somewhere………

So true! It was all my fault for travelling in a cycle lane minding my own business! I was in the lane up the inside of nearly stationary traffic when this highly skilled motorbikist, who was overtaking the traffic on the right, took it upon himself to cut across in front of a truck into the cycle lane, just as I arrived into that spot and crashed into him. All my fault 😆

xcstu
    Free Member

Blimey thats probably worth more than the motor bike that hit you haha…. bet his insurance was very happy..

Very nice 🙂

jim76
    Free Member

Very nice Daddy 🙂

jruk
    Free Member

Nice pedals…

bikeneil
    Free Member

Just needs a dropper post i’d say.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Thank you insurance for my new bike…’ is closed to new replies.