Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • TFT Missing Forks!!!!
  • greasystain
    Free Member

TFT worked on my forks on the 23rd Dec and in theory they were sent out for next day delivery that day. Money was taken from my account that day. Here I am 2 working days later and no sign of my forks.

I don't have a tracking ref for the couriers so they can't help me. TFT are away until the 4th Jan!!!!

I've sent an email to TFT but don't expect a reply.

Any ideas what else I could do?

ojom
    Free Member

I wouldnt be too worried.

Nothing gets around that fast at this time of year – just wait a few days and i am sure they will arrive.

JoeBones
    Free Member

Dont worry, they will turn up.

chakaping
    Free Member

Wait a bit longer before panicking?

Or break into your local sorting office under cover of darkness and look for them yourself?

Sorry, that's all I can think of.

hora
    Free Member

😯 Christ. Those pesky TFT lot have snaffled your forks in conspiracy with Royal Mail. All they needed was to pull off one good job then they could retire for the rest of their lives on the proceeds of your forks. Thar buggars!

tails
    Free Member

them thieving postman, everytime I post something i give the post office lady a bit stick about it going missing, poor thing she's as honest as the day is long.

Sandwich

Calm down dear (©Michael Winner), it's the Christmas twilight zone effect.

greasystain
    Free Member

🙂 suppose that does sound a little panicy. Just had a vision of them sitting in the outbox until after my Chritmas holibobs.

hora
    Free Member

greasystain – Ever seen Ferris Buellers day off? A TFT worker needed your forks for an extended Spanish holiday in the Sierra Nevada mountains. You'll open the box and they will be covered in sand/scarred and weeping (for a break) 😆

boxelder

So, sent Christmas Eve (in theory)
    Since then: Christmas day, Sat, Sun, Bank Hol and today.
    One day late at most, at the busiest time of year. They'll arrive tomorrow.

greasystain
    Free Member

Sent 23rd in theory – but yes fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Keep us…….posted! 😆

Curly68
    Free Member

I sent a parcel by parcelfarce 48 on 22nd for 24th delivery (obviously as it was 48hrs later), wasn't cheap at £32 either. Buyer emailed to ask where it was boxing day. Gave hime the tracking number which said it had gone out for delivery on 24th at 02.00hrs. He recieved it yesterday. Bit peeved after paying all that money for a 48hr delivery but it got there and in one piece and the buyer happy enough.

hora
    Free Member

Curly, surely you'd expect staffing/highing parcels than average the day before Christmas?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Parcelforce 48 isn't a guarnteed 48hr service.

stumpyjon

Don't think TFTuned use Parcel Farce do they. Sure it was a courier firm that picked up and returned my forks serviced and repaired within 48 hrs 8)

greasystain
    Free Member

I paid TFT £22 for pick up and NEXT DAY delivery. I think they use Citylink as a courier service. However without a parcel tracking number I can't track it anyway.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

claim the postage money back. if you paid for next day and its not there, then they have failed in their service. yes its xmas etc, and if its not guaranteed then fair enough, but imo you should be able to get your money back.

MussEd
    Free Member

Why do you keep saying "in theory"? And why does everyone nowadays always expect things to happen straightaway? There is a reason for the old adage "Patience is a virtue" You'll get your forks and then you'll forget they ever went "missing".

greasystain
    Free Member

Yes – MussEd and in the mean time I have to watch my mates go out riding whilst I wait at home.

greasystain
    Free Member

NOOOO! Just spoke to someone at Interlink Express they will not be delivering until the 4th January!!!! I'll be back at work by then. Great service – My forks were picked up on the 21st I'll get them back TWO WEEKS late at the very earliest.

Granted this is more of an issue with the couriers than TFT but I am not happy.

🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i'd be pissed too. paid for a service which clearly hasn't worked.

imo the whole patience argument is rubbish – if its paid for it should be delivered, businesses aren't charity.

crazy-legs

When TFT returned my forks about 3 weeks ago I had an email from Citylink saying they'd be delivered between 10am and 3pm and they didn't turn up til 5.40pm. IME with couriers some are worse than others but they're all pretty dire. 🙁

However, if I had only one bike and I had to send off major parts of it for service then I'd be checking and double checking that I'd have them back in 2 days or I'd make alternative plans to borrow/hire another bike etc. I'd never rely on what a courier company says.

Dickyboy

err get your forks serviced at a more "normal" time of the year for starters

Underhill
    Free Member

Had Citylink delivering to me last week, got an email to say they'd attempted a delivery at 22:05 and put a card through the door when nobody answered.

Fair enough, but I can see a couple of things wrong there. 1st I was sitting in the front room right beside the front door watching tv and 2nd I couldn't find a card anywhere.

On top of which…, what couriers are still delivering at 10pm?!?

greasystain
    Free Member

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!!

Interlink Express just delivered my forks! It seems the 'girl on the phone' at their head office was didn't realise that they we still delivering over Christmas.

Anyway – the forks appear to be in wonderful condition – can't wait for that New Years weekend ride.

postierich
    Free Member

You will find that a lot of courier firms are staffed by owner drivers and they are paid per parcel so there will have been lots of drivers out there working 12 hr plus days a danger to everyone ie no rest stops and driving like manaics.
    Sorry to hear about your forks but mtfu and go rigid if your unable to work on them yourself 😉

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘TFT Missing Forks!!!!’ is closed to new replies.