Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • TF Tuned or Pushed
  • Olly
    Free Member

I realise they are the same company.

My (dual air 426) Revelations are 2 years old and have never been loved. they also have a bit of a nick in the stantions, which i have done a TOP job of filling with nail varnish and wet and dry.

we are off to spain in september, my bike had a complete overhaul over winter (new bearings all over and new drive chain) and the only thing left to do is get the shock and Fork serviced (they are both due it)

Is it worth the extra 90 quid to get it Pushed? or will a service suffice for mortal like me

worth getting the shock done too (Trance OE RP2)

retro83
    Free Member

I personally think so, yes. But if you don't know what you're going to say when they phone up and ask how you want it tuned, then maybe not.

PS. Push is not the same company as TF Tuned is it? I think they are just a reseller of the Push gubbins.

Olly
    Free Member

ah maybe, interesting point Retro.

Im fine with the feel of my fork 🙂 vie got it set up just right.
    however being a stock rev, it leaks from the top cap (which is normal) and it knocks under compression if its wound down with the u turn (loose u turn assembly)
    both of which a service fixes i believe?

if it wasnt "technically" due for one i wouldnt bother, and if they didnt add tighter gubbins, i might consider doing it myself.

elaineanne
    Free Member

what happens in a service can someone tell me…do they 'tune' them as well as a service ? olly :…. have you not had your forks serviced in the two years ? ive had my new bike for just about 1 year and was thinking of having my fox forks serviced or could mine go abit longer ? they arent leaking that black oily stuff or anything… whats the normal time length between services. cheers….

mokl
    Free Member

I expect how much you notice the difference will depend a bit on your bike. On my single pivot Superlight a Pushed RP23 made an absolutely massive difference, although I miss the ability to effectively "lock out" the shock sometimes. I think the Push tuning helped compensate for the limitations of the design of my frame.

mokl
    Free Member

ps, I sent my shock to TFT to get Pushed!

z1ppy

Push tuning (or mojo tune) is separate to the service. Not sure of the main service intervals for fox but I'd guess they need servicing (by mojo) by now to retain their warrenty
    I throughly recommend a Push service for rear shocks, but have no experience of it on forks. A poster the other day said he didn't believe the fork Push service was as noticable a difference as with the rear shock

chakaping
    Free Member

Definitely worth it on the rear shock.

I had the Float R on my Trance (4.2in travel) Pushed and it was an amazing improvement, a bargain it if you're getting the shock serviced anyway.

steveh

I'd say it's worth it. I've ridden a couple of sets of pikes,1 pushed and those were noticably nicer to ride.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

The leaking top cap is due to the umbrella seal under the adjuster. It's a service fix with TF. Push also provide an upgraded seal that will cure the leak and .

I believe that a service involved oil change, seal replacement and check including bushings. Maybe some tweaks but a tune is a generally revalve or shim is usually extra. Give them a ring and they will clear it up for you.

PUSH is a kit that is installed by TF. Is it worth it? Well, the short version is:
    mincer – don't bother
    pinner – definitely!

The slightly longer version is that the PUSH kit allows the oil to recirculate faster, opening up the rebound stroke to stop it packing down on repeated big hits. If you ride a RS Pike fast down rocky Peak descents, there's a noticeable improvement and well worth it.

Olly
    Free Member

elaine: the main reason i wouldnt buy a fox fork is iirc, if it isnt strictly serviced at their reccomended intervals (full service every 6 minutes i think?) the warranty is void (booo!)
    worth checking the intervals
    then check the cost of a service
    then check the contents of your wallet
    and see how flush you feel Vs how much you want that warrenty to stay intact…

where as my older MX comps have never ever been serviced (service cycle is about 7 years on older simple marzocchis)

Think i might get them both serviced, and the shock pushed.

a bit worried i might be underbiked at switchbacks in september (4.2" R/130mm F)

Vortexracing

Ive had a float R and RP2/3 pushed – Definitley better and well worth the dosh IMHO.

I've also had 3 x Pikes done and they are great again well worth it.

I think it's only good value if done as part of a service.

elaineanne
    Free Member

eh ? i dont understand your comment olly? lol …. ive learnt alot about bikes this year but dont fully understand forks and service etc…
    is it going to be expensive to get my 'fox float R's' serviced ?
    dont you like fox forks ? anyway these forks came with my bike..

Olly
    Free Member

im not knocking them EA, ive only ever used them on borrowed bikes, and they feel looooverly, and are pretty much recognised as the "best" fork company however they do request (check the manual for details) that they are serviced LOADS to keep them fresh.

rockshocks less so, but are clunkier

and marzzochi EVEN less, but are much clunkier.
    if your fork came on a bike, you may not have the manual, but it will be downloadable from the internets…

Radioman

As said Push industries just make the tuning parts. TF are authorised agents for them.

I had my Pikes Push Tuned and they were lots better. Makes a big difference on multiple hits like riding long rough rocky rooty sections. Before they were Pushed my Pikes dived through the travel too fast and didnt recover quick enough. Definitely worth it for trail riding.

I also recently had a new rear coil Fox DHX4 shock Pushed and that also is great.

elaineanne
    Free Member

hmmmm, just found a fox racing shox dvd and it says to 'change the oil every 50 hours! ooohhh…. ah well im a woman i cant do that ! lol i just ride the **** thing ! lol

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘TF Tuned or Pushed’ is closed to new replies.