Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tempted to treat myself to a new DH rig. Santa Cruz V10 – Opinions
  • tinytimbo
    Free Member

As title, I have been wanting to get a DH bike for a while after having one many years ago. I’ll finally get time to start using one now so looking at the V10.

I’d be looking at frame only as I have a donor bike all the parts would come from initially. The price is an eye watering £3300 but the new lifetime warranty does sound nice (if it is honoured, I guess only time will tell)

Does anyone own one? They appear to have started making a bigger size to. Pretty sure not long ago they only made an XL, now it appears they do an XXL. The size chart would not suggest I am an XL but the top tube looks very long.

Ideally I need to ride one first. Anyone own or know of anywhere with in XL I could throw a leg over?

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

I’d seriously consider a Demo 8 with Ohlins shock if you haven’t seen it already which you may or may not have…?

mikey74
    Free Member

I have two mates who have them and they love them so I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. However, if I was buying a new dh bike, I’d go for the new Demo, as hopey suggested.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Giant Glory I reckonzzzzz

chakaping
    Free Member

How long do you tend to keep your bikes?

Be honest about whether a lifetime warranty will really be any use to you.

steveh

I’ve got a new v10 and it’s great. I’m 5’8 and on a large with an offset headset to stretch it out a little as they are small bikes. I can’t help with a test though I’m afraid (though if in sheffield you’re welcome to aquick sit on mine).

DJTC
    Free Member

tested one in whistler a few days ago and in my opinion it is in a league of its own. by far the best bike i have ever ridden. confidence inspiring in seconds. im 6ft 2 and rode a large. not massivley small but would have prefered the xl. if i had the cash i would buy one instantly.

edward2000
    Free Member

YT Tues? Much better value

glasgowdan
    Free Member

YTs look like kids bikes covered in plastic fairings. I’m sure they ride well, but they’re becoming as common as muck, and bikes like this V10 and new Demo are a class above.

I can’t help with either I’m afraid, but I’d go V10 over the Demo based on looks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tempted to treat myself to a new DH rig. Santa Cruz V10 – Opinions’ is closed to new replies.