Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tell me about Tokens…
  • Kryton57

So I stuck a 120mm Reba on my Anthem, which has been great. Except that at 25% sag, which has the small jump sensitivity I like, it seems to eat through itravel on the bigger stuff bearing in mind I’m talking local forest trails. I run the LSC about halfway – 3 clicks – in.

So, these tokens then, will adding tokens make it more likely to ramp up at the end of the stroke and if so, how many do I need and is it an easy job for a ham fisted mechanic?

mark90
    Free Member

Also running a 120 Reba on my Anthem. Run about 20% sag at 80psi. Have one token fitted. Tried two but it ramped up a bit too much and I wasn’t using all the travel, and dropping air to compensate made it a bit soft and divy in the initial stroke. So I went back to one as I find that the best setup for my riding.

Easy to fit, just let the air out (important), unscrew the top cap off the air leg (24mm socket). The tokens screw on the to bottom of the air cap (your new Reba’s should have the token compatible air cap, older ones don’t), nip up the token with an 8mm (?) allen key. Assembly is the reverse of removal 🙂

warpcow
    Free Member

Quick point you might already be aware of: only newer RS forks have the threaded cap for tokens, but you can retrofit it to older ones.

Otherwise, yeah they should do what you want. They’re easy to fit and remove. You just let out the air and remove the topcap then screw them in or out. I fitted some to an old Revelation and it made a difference. After a few rides I settled on 1 and 1/2 tokens (a hacksaw was involved).

martinhutch

Rockshox suggest that no tokens are required for 120mm Reba, but I think they help. I tried two, but eventually settled on a single token, which helped stop the fork diving so much on bigger bumps.

As above, I needed a new air cap, but it was a five minute job to fit.

Kryton57

Thanks all, seems one token is the answer.

Run about 20% sag at 80psi.

Interesting, I’m 75psi @ 25% sag so we must be similar weights!

mark90
    Free Member

About 75kg plus riding kit. Not sure just how accurate my sag is, but it’s around there (side point: should sag be measured seated or in attack position?). Been tinkering with air and tokens to get the right feel and level of bottoming out. I have settled on 1 token now. Well I could try another 1/2 as per warpcow.

mcnultycop

Sag should be measured in the “ready” position”.

mark90
    Free Member

Thanks, so I have been doing it right, even if I use the wrong term 🙂

Kryton57

Likewise with setup, albeit 73kg here.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Tokens…’ is closed to new replies.