Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Tell me about glentress!
  • slimsi
    Free Member

Found it pretty dull to be honest in comparison to Afan, CYB and Cannock just so smooth and non-technical…

Don’t mind pedalling up but it was just a hillier Swinley Forest…wished I’d not wasted anytime there and straight to Inners.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Slimsi is either a complete mong, or troll of the day.

I’m not really a trail centre fan, but to mention Cannock **** chase and GT in the same sentence is pure pish.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Not at all. Thats why I enjoy road biking. Repeatedly pedaling along the flat between berms is crap.

You need bigger wheels 🙂 26″ or bigger will be better than your bmx.

kennyp
    Free Member

Garry_Lager, I do honestly think so. For example I was down there one evening last autumn with a pal that lives close to GT. He took me down a route from the top of Spooky that hardly used an inch of “official” trail. Some of it, Secrets and Lies for example, I’d been on before, but some of it I hadn’t. And there were other routes he was talking about that I know I haven’t been on. Some of them admittedly I probably never will be on as they are beyond my limited ability.

There’s a huge amount of forest there. I’ve done the GT Duathlon series a couple of times and the running bits have taken in bits of the forest I’ve never cycled.

You’re right about Inners though.

ChrisL

At GT, after the top of the skills section, miss the first red off to the left, Cary on up to the next red section climb.

Wrong, wrong, wrong – unless berms and tabletops are the only things that interest you, anyway. Pennel’s Vennel (the bit that the advice above skips) is a great taster and qualifier for the red and a nice trail in its own right. In addition the height you lose by riding it is regained by singletrack climbs, a more pleasant way to ascend than bimbling up fire roads, IMO.

scotroutes

And Pennels Vennel actually goes off to the right…..

househusband

I’ve said this before; Chutney Ferret, Beware Tailswing and Reflective Practice are the bestest ‘secret’ trails in the area.

scotroutes

Never rated BT actually.

hughjengin
    Free Member

Went for the first time last year with a group of lads. Coming from North Wales we have good benchmarks to set trail centres against like CYB which we ride lots. Thought GT black was as good if not better than anything at CYB. Not all of it of course, but standouts were Deliverance, Britney Spears and some of the stuff near the end (sorry I can’t the section names) but its the fun bit at the end with a few step downs and quite twisty, great fun.
    I thought Innerleithen was great too. Mind you if the whole situation. Was reversed and I lived near GT and Inners and rode them loads and then went to CYB for the first time then no doubt I would think that was pretty great too.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about glentress!’ is closed to new replies.