Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Tell Me About Barcelona With Kids
  • shooterman

We’ve come across not a bad deal for 6 nights in Barcelona. Any recommendations when visiting the city?

midlifecrashes

Beach, Ramblas, Fort, Olympic park, cablecars, Aquarium, market, Guell, Sagrada Familia, the big park with the boating lake and the zoo in it, courtyards with cafes, street theatre, fountains, ice cream. Then there’s the art.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Amazing city, One of my fave places. There’s so much to see and do, and I don’t prescribe to the viewpoint that it’s the worst place for pick pockets, Just as bad as any other major city.

shooterman

Thanks. Plenty to do then!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

And don’t leave your kids alone in a hotel room…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Or take them to the Baghdad Club.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ohh, or let them look down if crossing the park in the cable car (day or night).

wwaswas

be prepared for lots of walking, there’s lots of stuff but it’s not all that close together.

tbh, Ramblas with kids is a bit of a nightmare – it’s just lots of opportunities to have a row about not buying them stuff whilst keeping an eye out for pickpockets – most kids aren’t into sittign at an outside table drinking coffee and watching the world go by.

Rest of it’s pretty good, though.

Biggest problem we had was our kids are used to eating at about 6 o’clock and most of the restaurants don’t begin serving until much later.

tomaso
    Free Member

We took our two daughters (3 and 6) at Easter and had a great time. We took in some of thr tourist sites but we didn’t want the stress and pressure of having a strict itinery. For instance we had a lovely walk to the Picasso museum and gave up when we saw the queue!

The beach is a great break from the city and the kids loved it. There are loads of little playgrounds dotted across the city and the best ones have cafes/bars adjacent :mrgreen:

My kids are fairly flexible to eating and bedtime and really enjoyed the change of pace and staying up late. Our evening walk became a quest for the best hot chocolate in Barcelona!

Use the Metro/buses as much as possible as its fun and it gets you where you need to go.

Casteldelfels is 40 odd minutes by train and has much better beaches than Barcelona.

Although I liked the Gothic quarter it is very over priced and prefer the more laid back Raval quarter.

Crell
    Free Member

There are three guided bus tour routes as well. They superficially look expensive but being able to hop on and off at all the key locations is brilliant, plus it’s a great way to see the City.

wrightyson
    Free Member

+1 for the bus tour. Did the one in Madrid also, took us to the door of the Bernabeu hopped off hopped back on. Great way to see cities especially with the unlimited stops!

Duggan

+1 for the tour buses, they are actually pretty good.

Definitely don’t sit on the top deck in the middle of the afternoon enjoying the cool breeze, without any sun-cream on though. For the full duration. Definitely don’t do that.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

and don’t forget Tipidabo, with a little fairground at the top.

shooterman

Thanks to all. I think I will get this booked this evening!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Tell Me About Barcelona With Kids’ is closed to new replies.