Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Teen loses finger at rave – carried on skanking it out for half an hour …
  • DezB
    Free Member

Wow, that is definitely worth a read!

Spoiler alert! It just gets better until the punchline
    Friends later told him that a “bunch of stoners found [his] little finger and were playing catch with it.”

😯

dknwhy

That’s because it was a new genre of dubstep – thumb n bass.

maxtorque

Wow, and that ladies and Gentlemen, is the future of Britain right there.

loddrik
    Free Member

Junglist!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Wow! He’d make a good Royal Marine he’s so tough.

franksinatra

That is brilliant. I admire his commitment

Pressed as to why he persisted to dance after losing a digit, Josh said:

“Well, what can you do? There are fit girls around you, the bass is hard, the music is popping. I didn’t want to be the sore thumb sticking out – or the sore pinky – so I was like, “F*ck it, let’s skank on and enjoy it.”

bigyinn
    Free Member

Clearly a straight thinking individual. 🙄

cliffyc
    Free Member

Hey man – gimme four!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Gotta admire his determination 😀

8)

cliffyc
    Free Member

and,”’tis but a scratch!”. 😀

peterfile
    Free Member

I’d rather it was him than a bunch of bed wetting, image obsessed, whiney, dull idiots

🙂

tomhoward

So what happened with your finger, Josh?
    Well, at about 1AM we were up in the house room, but I don’t really like house so I was waiting for the drum ‘n’ bass to kick in. As soon as I heard it, me and my mate went down there. Five minutes in, the fire alarm starting going off and everyone was like, “Rip it off! Rip it off!” So I thought I’d give it a go. I was completely sober at the time. I jumped up, grabbed it and my little finger got caught in the case because it was all broken, and as I came to rip it back down, my little finger got ripped off completely.

Jesus. What did you do next?
    I looked at my hand and my little finger was gone – the bone was sticking out. It’s the weirdest feeling; one second you’re fine and your little finger is there, and the next second it’s gone. It shoves reality up your backside. I was in so much pain and shock that the first thing that hit my head was the beat and the bass. The bass was hard, so I just ripped off my top, wrapped it around my finger and tied it up as tight as I could and skanked it out for half an hour. My mentality was, ‘I’ve only been here for an hour, I’ve paid £10 for this night, I’ve lost my little finger – am I seriously going to go? Nah, I’m going to skank until I can’t skank any more.’ After that, my mate dragged me down to the paramedics.

£10 is £10….

Duggan

Fair play.

Though in serious mode, you think maybe he was actually just in shock.

Northwind

maxtorque – Member

Good, eh?

Couple of weeks back there was loads of moaning “Today’s kids couldn’t win a world war”. Well blatantly they could, they just need sufficiently hard bass.

Cougar

Sorry but I’m not very home with the downies, what exactly is “skanking”?

franksinatra

At least he isn’t whinging about it and threatening to sue somebody

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s like dancing, it’s like Moshing, it’s like Ska Jiggling..

That help 😆

franksinatra

same rave, more sobering outcome

Teen dies at Rave, BBC News

pk13

Shame he was not at a stiff little fingers gig . Full circle

jekkyl

Yeah sober, maybe sober from alcohol perhaps .

takisawa2

Shock. Obviously.

I actually stood up & limped off the pitch when I snapped my tibia, playing football.

(5 mins later I was in agony).

sbob
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

It’s a form of dance, the word having been in use since at least the 1960s.

ETA: I’m sure it is not meant to be, what with you being a moderator and all, but your clever little play on words could be construed as using a colloquial term for people with a certain disability in a derogatory fashion.

Forge_Master
    Free Member

I love Croydon

tightywighty
    Free Member

franksinatra – Member

same rave, more sobering outcome

Teen dies at Rave, BBC News

Yes that was very sad 🙁 As Josh the fingerless boy from the article comments:

The person in the ambulance asked me, “What are you going to do, mate?” I was just like, “Shit happens.” It’s nothing, really – I’ve lost one little finger, while a 15-year-old boy has lost his life. What am I complaining about? My heart goes out to his friends and family. It’s heartbreaking.

IHN

but your clever little play on words could be construed as using a colloquial term for people with a certain disability in a derogatory fashion.

Only if you really try for it to be.

Northwind

This story works better if you imagine him doing ska dancing while everyone else is bigboxlittleboxsshoppingtrolleying.

DezB
    Free Member

Either from the linked article, or indeed from the helpfully quoted text in this thread (Again:)
    …it up as tight as I could and skanked it out for half an hour. My mentality was, ‘I’ve only been here for an hour, I’ve paid £10 for this night, I’ve lost my little finger – am I seriously going to go? Nah, I’m going to skank until I can’t skank any more.’

It’s completely obvious he means dancing like a 9 fingered loonatic

Cougar

Only if you really try for it to be.

Quite. You’ll be arguing that blackboards are racist next.

If you object to that line so strongly then I suggest you take it up with Dylan Moran, from whom I stole it.

MoreCashThanDash

To be honest, with his pragmatic approach to life and what it throws at you, I think he should stand for election.

sbob
    Free Member

I’m not offended in the slightest, but I did get banned for similar use of language.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    This story works better if you imagine him doing ska dancing while everyone else is bigboxlittleboxsshoppingtrolleying.

Yeye!! thats’ taken me back a bit right there..

hora
    Free Member

No its not- most of the previous generations like him ended up mired in drugs, a degree and in and out of work or work in low level I.T support, struggle with relationships (serotonin levels out of kilter) and claim its fun/ok if you know how to use drugs.

somafunk

Gonna surprise you here hora but drugs are fun, as long as you are aware of the possible consequences/symptoms,side effects, they’ll continue to be fun (for myself anyway) for the future, perhaps not at the quantities i took back in my 20’s/30’s but now i’m just in my 40’s i see no reason to stop from partaking in the odd lost night now and again. I don’t like the state sponsored drugs that much so I’ll join in with 9fingered skank up there and pat him on the back – well done that lad 😀

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

you think maybe he was actually just in shock.

Or off his nut on ket.

Drugs are fun. Hora isn’t.

hora
    Free Member

The thing with drugs is at the begining you don’t know how deep you’ll get in, how they’ll affect you (no I don’t mean death/health), or ongoing the quality if your supplier changes.

Having a good outlook, being outgoing is far better than needing drugs for a night out.

Sorry- my bestmate is a lifelong pill etc fan. I never have been.

dazh

Not another drugs thread? Can’t someone just post a link to the last one?

Northwind

hora – Member

The thing with drugs absolutely everything is at the begining you don’t know how deep you’ll get in, how they’ll affect you (no I don’t mean death/health), or ongoing the quality

FTFY

DezB
    Free Member

Surely smoking leads to marijuana leads to ecstacy leads to coke leads to heroin everytime. Everyone’s the same, aren’t they?

hora
    Free Member

Lethargy?

Its frequency of use. Fine if you do it once a week rigidly.

Coke? The personality enhancer? 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Teen loses finger at rave – carried on skanking it out for half an hour …’ is closed to new replies.