Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Teen cyclist hit by car told 'Sorry, can't stop, your blood would upset my kids.
  • chris_db
    Free Member

Link

Yet another gob smacker….

Rorschach
    Free Member

I know someone who got thrown across the road when hit by a car.Got “I can’t stop….the chips will get cold (blind u-turn in front of said chipshop).

scandal42
    Free Member

Throw the book at the ****, disgusting.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I hope the driver of that car enjoys cycling, because when they’re caught they’ll not be driving for a wee while.

hora
    Free Member

Im guessing the real reason they didnt hang round was insurance. Either not a full licence holder, no insurance or didnt want a costly claim …

munrobiker
    Free Member

My wife works on that street I will ask her to ask in her office. Pretty appalling.

MoreCashThanDash

Suspect hora has it, but maybe people really are that ignorant.

Hope they get caught

the thing that annoys me about the reporting which is all too often like this stating that they were hit by a car. The car is an inanimate object, it was the idiot driving the car that it responsible. You wouldn’t ever encounter for example an article entitled ‘gun shoots teen’ would you?!

convert

the thing that annoys me about the reporting which is all too often like this stating that they were hit by a car. The car is an inanimate object, it was the idiot driving the car that it responsible.

That’s jumping to a bit of a conclusion, people on bikes make mistake too. Guilty of leaving the scene of an accident (and being a crap human), sure. Guilty of causing the accident, haven’t the foggiest.

A pedestrian/cyclist being hit by a large inanimate object is factually correct, but ‘hit by driver’ somehow implies guilt on the side of the driver that might not be warranted at the time of the reporting (though subsequently might be proven).

munrobiker
    Free Member

Knowing that junction the only way it could be the cyclist’s fault is if he was barrelling up the inside of traffic as the car turned left. There is nothing else reasonably predictable that would lead to that situation at that junction.

my conclusion that he was an idiot is solely based on the fact that he left the scene. Everybody makes mistakes but it is just unacceptable to ignore the consequences of your actions, whether intended or not. Even if he wasn’t responsible your still be a dirtbag to leave someone injured on the side of the road

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Teen cyclist hit by car told 'Sorry, can't stop, your blood would upset my kids.’ is closed to new replies.