Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Team Kit – blimey
  • jota180
    Free Member

The Columbian women’s team new kit

Bregante

😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

what were they thinking

therevokid
    Free Member

crumbs, that’s … ummm … awkward … 🙂

tang
    Free Member

Just makes a joke of women’s cycling, just what it doesn’t need. Hope the UCI step in.

spud-face

ay caramba!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

What does the back look like ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, they’ve certainly got some publicity for their sponsors.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Looks very smooth

tang
    Free Member

No one will remember the sponsors!

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Is it Veet?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

What sponsors? I didn’t see any

sofatester
    Free Member

Oh dear.

madeupname
    Free Member

The flesh colour is off putting, but I am more worried about the lady on the left with 3 arms….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Looks very smooth

I think you’ve got your South American countries confused. They’re from Colombia.

MoreCashThanDash

I like to think I’m broad minded and occassionally inappropriate, but that is truly unpleasant.

Lifer
    Free Member

😕

butcher

That’s a joke, surely?

edhornby

I follow Brian Cookson on twitter, there have been complaints and he tweeted today that the UCI were going to talk to the team and that he thought it highly inappropriate

tragically1969
    Free Member

Brian Cookson has posted on twitter they are on the case….. stating its unacceptable by any standard of decency, fair enough i would say given what the UCI are tying to do with women’s cycling……

johnj2000
    Free Member

Link anyone?

johnj2000
    Free Member

Looks normal to me Linky

johnj2000
    Free Member

Ahhhhhhhhhh now I see iPhone has now caught up and shown the pic. Really not sure about the red arm yellow arm thing , maybe should have gone with two yellow arms . Apart from that it looks dandy!

m360
    Free Member

That’s one way to get publicity I guess!

matt_outandabout

The flesh colour is off putting, but I am more worried about the lady on the left with 3 arms….

Nah, that is the bloke on the right, he has a looooong arm.

drlex
    Free Member

Another meaning to the phrase “Full Kit W****r”?

andyl
    Free Member

Well, they’ve certainly got some publicity[b]pubicity[/b] for their sponsors.

FIFY

cookeaa

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/colombian-womens-cycling-team-causes-stir-with-unfortunate-naked-jersey-design-9732037.html

I don’t actually think it looks all that flattering or ‘sexy’ TBH.
    That aside it really doesn’t help the status or image of women’s cycling does it? I can’t really believe that it got in front of press photographers…

The main sponsors were apparently the columbian ministry for sport and the city of Bogota, So I’m sure we all now think of Colombia as an enlightened and forward thinking country…

yunki
    Free Member

that’s **** ace!! 🙂

nemesis
    Free Member

That’s also been shown to be a photo issue as the kit’s not new and looks fine (well, at least not indecent) the rest of the time.

It’s actually gold as it has been for a couple of years apparently and one of the (female) riders designed it…

full story:

5 things you should know about that Colombian cycling kit

bikebouy
    Free Member

It was designed by one of the Team, she’s done a few of thier kits in the past, the others look “normal”.

I’m not keen, think it rather dergrading and unsuitable, the material used (and that’s the main issue when photographing apparently) looks bloomin horrid and fold/creases in the wrong place.

Seriously, they should have known better. 🙄

nemesis
    Free Member

But they’ve been riding it for months without issue…

My initial reaction was the same as most – a combination of sniggering and disappointment that women’s cycling seemed to be deliberately portraying it in that way.

It seems that it is just a poor design decision that in some circumstances looks bad. Same as white shorts (be it men or women…)

Houns

I really don’t notice it/see what the fuss is about. They don’t look naked. Someone posted it to my FB yesterday and it took me ages to see what it was I was meant to be looking at

And all those going on about it, you don’t see them commenting on ‘that’ men’s (Swiss?) team line up photo that pops up every so often

fathomer

I’ve looked loads and can’t see what everyone else is seeing 😕

But then I’m colour blind so I’m hoping that’s the issue and not my stupidity!

It is a bit strange that the lady on the left has 3 arms though.

nemesis
    Free Member

you don’t see them commenting on ‘that’ men’s (Swiss?) team line up photo that pops up every so often

Polish IIRC er…. 🙂

That kit doesn’t appear designed to look like nude flesh though, it’s just maybe a little tight/thin and has a poor colour choice…

adsh
    Free Member

Any chance of seeing what the rears are like?

cookeaa

Is GIS broken?

stumpy01

I don’t think it was intentionally meant to look like naked flesh, and probably loks different in ‘real life’ to the photo.

Here is an old photo of the Men’s kit if you haven’t seen it already….

From here:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/colombian-mens-cycling-team-kit-4263636

Perhaps it’s just a genuine mistake/misjudgement in terms of colour choice, rather than a specific attempt to degrade women??

breatheeasy
    Free Member

If that could use that design principle and make a builders arse type jersey/shorts combo they’d be onto a winner I think

nemesis
    Free Member

Typical mainstream media and cycling stories. That ‘men’s team’ kit is a completely different team from a couple of years ago 🙄

In fact they also had/have a women’s team

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Team Kit – blimey’ is closed to new replies.