Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Teach me about chain guides ?
  • chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I ride a zesty with a triple up front , and have had a few chain drops whilst descending , I don’t use the big ring at all but do use the lower two , I’ve been looking at stingers ? My frame takes in isog o5 what ever its called ? My question is if I use a chain guide can I still use both lower front rings ? Many thanks

Mugboo

Yes and Stingers work well.

coogan
    Free Member

Yes you can.

Potdog
    Free Member

Yes and +1 for stingers.

Northwind

+ potato for Stinger, simple and effective. There’s about twice as much metal in the backplate as there needs to be, mind, but they work very well.

Gamut do one which is lighter and considerably sexier, but the bearings don’t last as well.

kayak23

Stinger is a great guide. Ran one for ages before going 1×9

getonyourbike
    Free Member

These are lighter and better than Stingers but they’re more expensive and harder to get hold of in the UK. Swings and roundabouts.

http://www.26bikes.com/parts/chain_retentions_bashguards/shaman_racing_commander

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Stingers great, E-13 DRS is also a good guide. The only problem is sometimes where the links and swing arms are. There will probably be a 2x whatever version of your bike on the Lapiere site so see what they use.

Northwind

Yeah, some frames will interfere with the backplate (My Hemlock frinstance isn’t compatible with a standard Stinger) But all that extra metal means you can cut huge chunks out of a Stinger and it’s still strong like ox.

Mugboo

It’s a good point. My brother in law couldn’t get it to fit his Cube Stereo. Then again, they are cheap enough that you won’t lose much reselling it.
    And new rollers are cheap and easy to buy from CRC.

I’m just adapting mine again to work with my new Einfachx top guide ISG05. It already has a chunk missing from being fitted to a Hemlock.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Teach me about chain guides ?’ is closed to new replies.