Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 160 total)
  • TdF Stage 20 – Always Magnificent [Spoilers]
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Yeah that national anthem was painful – im sure the crowd was booing her !

IanMunro
    Free Member

What was the winning raffle ticket number?

robbo
    Free Member

Raffle prize. That’s cycling tradition!!!!!

RealMan
    Free Member

Jesus that singing is painful. Wish we had a better anthem too.

+1

tears of awkwardness. wtf was that?

+100

brakes
    Free Member

Jesus, f***ing Leslie Garret spoils everything

rmacattack
    Free Member

worst national anthem ever lol

kevt

well done Brad and co but you owe me £800 quid (thanks to whoever posted up that royles discount code), nice cannondale on its way…..

cheers_drive

No Lesley they aren’t clapping your appalling national anthem, you stupid %^&**!
    Can we please book the orchestra for when we will in next year.
    The moment she opened her mouth all the dust in the room suddenly cleared.

beinbhan

If she is doing the anthems for the olympics we won’t be winning any golds wouldn’t want to hear that again
    😀

rmacattack
    Free Member

If she is doing the anthems for the olympics we won’t be winning any golds wouldn’t want to hear that again

the awful anthem or the awful rendentition of an awful anthem?

hels
    Free Member

The French have a long history of messing up other folk’s anthems. Don’t think they have ever managed the NZ one properly. It’s psychological warfare. That was particularly bad tho….

RealMan
    Free Member

The French have a long history of messing up other folk’s anthems. Don’t think they have ever managed the NZ one properly. It’s psychological warfare. That was particularly bad tho….

She’s English.

beinbhan

Both 😈

ditch_jockey

Should have had Paul Weller doing it.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Awesome day.

I hit the mute button as she started to set the dog off. Stupid bint.

Well done the Brits.

Karinofnine

Jesus Christ on a bicycle – what was that godawful singing all about? The national anthem is bad enough but she – incredibly – made it worse. I muted the tv. Horrible.

MBoy – why don’t you do us a dance version?

Great result, well done to all members of the team.

I think a small sherry is in order 😆

rOcKeTdOg

Olympics? Couldn’t care less who wins that, TdF is the big one and we’ve won it with style, humility and humour, a proper British win, thanks Brad, Cav and Sky for making me proud to call myself a cyclist 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

Olympics? Couldn’t care less who wins that

really? not even just a little bit? knowing how much it means to Cav?

Klunk
    Free Member

Looks like sagan just had his cornflakes crapped in on the podium !

thats what 22 year olds look like when the big boys take their Porsche keys 🙂

higgo
    Free Member

thats what 22 year olds look like when the big boys take their Porsche keys

<chortle>

jonba
    Free Member

I was strangely torn between wanting to see Cav rip up the finishing straight and Jens rip up the peleton – what a ride from him.

Looked like Cav went really early, EBH seemed to only do about 100m on the front – still didn’t matter did it!

Awesome, I think we might have a large turn out for theclub race on Wednesday and the club run will be heaving.

I hear the Brits are heading to surrey for a training camp tomorrow! Dedication, lets hope it pays off and Cav can win again.

Wiggins for a medal in the TT? Surely his legs are going to be a bit tired now…

messiah
    Free Member

Wow… and I finished the ironing.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I hear the Brits are heading to surrey for a training camp tomorrow! Dedication, lets hope it pays off and Cav can win again.

Wiggins for a medal in the TT? Surely his legs are going to be a bit tired now…

I suspect the ‘training’ is going to involve a lot of massages, early nights and gentle rides. They say fitness is gained in the recovery phase and they’ve just had the mother of all workouts!

What’s Stannard’s sprint like compared to EBH’s? That’d be my only worry, Cav’s train so far has been Froom dictating a pace to keep attacks back, then Wiggins winding them upto speeed, and EBH delivering him upto the line, is Stannard going to slot in EBH’s place?

bloodynora
    Free Member

Wiggo in yellow, Cav the missile, Froome, God Save The Queen on the Champs, great day for British cycling 🙂

Steelfreak
    Free Member

So, now it’s all over, do people think Sky managed to balance the needs of Mark & Brad?

Haze

So, now it’s all over, do people think Sky managed to balance the needs of Mark & Brad?

With Cavendish being out of contention so early I don’t think there was an issue to balance?

jonba
    Free Member

Cav had no chance of green but I’m not sure he’d have got it anyway with the way Sagan was riding. He got three so not a bad tour. Most “normal” riders would class that as a good tour.

I think Stannard is fairly good in a sprint. Cav seemed to rate him, might even have requested him. Still as we saw on Friday, Cav can lead himself out if he needs.

grahamh
    Free Member

The highlight montarge ‘The Who’ how appropriate 😀

YellowBelly
    Free Member

Thoroughly magnificent tour for the brits.

Well done Sky & dave millar.

It’s not over until the fat lady sings……ah, she did…

souldrummer
    Free Member

I even got a bit emotional when Cav went over the line. Quite magnificent performance from one and all.

Carlos45
    Free Member

Just tuned into STW

What an awesome day. Did 6 PR’s on Strava in the Surrey Hills and got back in time to watch the TdF last 10k

In no particular order

– great to see Wiggins giving it full gas for Cav
    – another 500m sprint victory for Cav. Has he realised now that he might as well burn off the competition in the 100-500m mark rather than the last 100m
    – huge amounts of dust in my room and then my eyes – waiting for noise complaints from the n’bours
    – press are going cycling nuts. – last year hardly any footage in The Times of the TdF – this year 3 pages minimum daily
    – have now watched the closing 3k 10 times on Eurosport and ITV – that’s Sky Plus for you
    – tons of credit to Froome – great interview on Eurosport
    – when Wiggins said it was a raffle he should have added ” the winning number is 101″ ( joke from my dad)

Best…

Looking forward to Saturday….

Remember, Expectation killed our national football team – but at least our cyclists try….

leffeboy

Who was the bloke in white t shirt? Looked like he fell off the stage.

I think Hinault helped him off

Don’t know who it was but it gave velonews an opportunity for a classic headline

Badger boots bozo

grahamt1980

That’s awesome, nice to see the badger hasn’t lost any of what made him great.

crazy-legs

noteeth
    Free Member

Twas amazing.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

shifter
    Free Member

An amazing day – Cav winning the stage from a long way back and Brad in yellow on the podium. Just ace.

But Jenkins surely would’ve been much better than Garret! The anthem’s not great but something nice to look at would’ve made it more palatable.

Lifer
    Free Member

It was a horrible warbling mess, I agree with Wiggins.

aracer
    Free Member

expect to see the MJ doing his motorbike impression on the front from about 2km out, but more likely for EBH to be the final leadout man. It would be nice to see the rainbow jersey on the wheel of the MJ in the final straight, but Sky aren’t the sort of team to do sentimentality.

Wiggo hit the front a little later than I predicted but still 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 20 – Always Magnificent [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.