Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Tasty lunchtime food in York.
  • hammy7272
    Free Member

Off to York on Tuesday. We are looking for somewhere good to eat during the day. Tasty burgers etc. similar to So bar in Harrogate and knaresborough if possible please.

Thanks

fasthaggis
    m0rk
    Free Member

GBK

Candodavid
    Free Member

Thomas’ of York, the chees and onion pasties I used to get from there were spanking, it was a few years ago though

defaultslipper
    Free Member

A few places to try:
    1. House of trembling madness. Bonus of great local beers. Burgers, meat platters, etc… without the silly price tag. Great room. Near the minster on stonegate.
    2. Meltons Too. This is the fossgate one, not to be confused with meltons (which is the expensive sister rsstaurant). Great regional yorkshire food.
    3. Baileys tea room opposite the library at museum gardens. Looks nothing special but food is good. Open sandwiches are great and cheese portions are generous. And next door you can get free samples of bramble whisky, sloe vodka, spiced rum.

GBK might be alright, jamies is probably okay but expensive. The top 2 give good eating and include a bit of Yorks character.

igm

Lunchtime burger? Oscars

johndoh
    Free Member

The Maltings.

Beer is better than burgers.

wolly
    Free Member

+1 oscars

beagle
    Free Member

Oscars for sure.

Caveat: been a couple of years since I’ve been but used to be a fairly regular eater there and never had a bad bite to eat.

hammy7272
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Something to work with. Cheers.

Blackflag
    Free Member

House of Trembling Madness is pretty good. But for what your after may I suggest Stonegate Yard. I eat there a lot.

Here

hammy7272
    Free Member

House of madness does look nice but the Mrs doesn’t eat meat 🙁

Stonegate looks great.

Thanks.

Got to love local knowledge.

chestrockwell

Gourmet Burger is pretty good and you can usually find discount vouchers online.

http://www.gbk.co.uk/restaurant/york/

Even better though is Tex Mex at Fiesta Latina.

http://fiestalatinayork.co.uk/

Very tasty, good sized portions and a wide choice. Burgers there are big boys!

Tom-B
    Free Member

8 o’clock for a great evening meal.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Tasty lunchtime food in York.’ is closed to new replies.