Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 166 total)
  • Tarot readers / psychics – load of old cobblers?
  • flipiddy
    Free Member

My sister went to see one a while back and told me that she had said a couple of things about my deceased father that there’s no way she could have known. She also mentioned that she would meet a foreign chap in the coming months and it wouldn’t work out. Lo and behold she started dating a Lebanese guy who turned out to be already married. It didn’t work out.

So maybe she made some lucky guesses. Or maybe she does have a skill.

I know the default response is that it’s a load of cobblers, but what do you think. Are there any genuine psychics/readers amongst the sham acts? I’m curious.

crikey
    Free Member

Load
    Of
    Old
    Bollocks…

Seriously. If they were any good, why are they doing card reading at a few quid a time?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

druidh
    Free Member

Does she do Chiropractic in her spare time?

Garry_Lager

It’s a cauldron of shite mate.

You probably need some rudimentary skills to cold read a person like that – but nothing anyone couldn’t easily pick up if they could be arsed.

tessayates
    Free Member

Click I completely believe it. I just don’t think science has caught up yet.

seven
    Free Member

It’s not Rocket Science, arguably not even science 🙂

flipiddy
    Free Member

Yep. Fair enough. The cynic in me says the same too. But there are those out there that swear otherwise. I’m curious if anyone has had an experience of one and walked out thinking ‘bugger, that’s 20 quid I could have spent on beer’ or ‘Christ that was a freaky experience’… Rather than being pre-judgmental?

fasthaggis
    tazzymtb

sticks head above parapet… I think it works, but then I read tarot and believe in chaos magic so i’m a swivel eyed loon by most folks standards. 😆

Bez

But there are those out there that swear otherwise.

There are those out there who will swear all sorts of things in which they feel inclined to believe, or in which they have a vested interest to believe, or in which they find comfort in believing, and so on.

Rather than being pre-judgmental?

It’s not about being pre-judgmental, it’s about seeking evidence rather than statistically inevitable coincidence or subjective interpretation.

flipiddy
    Free Member

Tazzy I think you are going to be hunted down with pitchforks and burned at the stake for that comment 😈

Well I guess that’s case closed then? 😀

Spin
    Free Member

If it was for real then surely one of them would have won this by now?

fasthaggis

Tazzy ,I was being a cheeky monkey, my cousin is a Ghostbuster/Psychic(fact) .I love listening other stories 😉

fasthaggis

Edit ( to her stories )

chewkw
    Free Member

There are truth in it if you find a genuine one.

Science sees things differently … they know it all. 🙄

Spin
    Free Member

There are truth in it if you find a genuine one

Talk Like a Pirate Day passed some time ago.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I’m very sceptical, however I know a few people who go who’ve had readings that have been very accurate with very personal and private information so who knows. I’d like to think there are greater forces out there

tazzymtb

I predicted this response 😀

M6TTF
    Free Member

I’ve been myself once but didn’t really get anything of value from it. Would give it another go though

seven
    Free Member

Honestly have to say that to me all the psychic powers pish is a load of pollocks.

I do however believe that the Tarot (and the IChing) are incredibly good tools for providing a structured framework for thinking about things that are troubling you, even if it’s just what model of bike to spend your cash on

Spin
    Free Member

I’ve been myself once but didn’t really get anything of value from it. Would give it another go though

Be honest though, you’d go for entertainment rather than enlightenment.

dannyh
    Free Member

It’s a load of old bollocks, but then maybe you already knew I’d say that……………

tazzymtb

It’s a load of old bollocks

nice empirical statement there 😆

M6TTF
    Free Member

Be honest though, you’d go for entertainment rather than enlightenment.

I’d like to think I’d get both out of it

tessayates
    Free Member

So what about deja-vu then?

yunki
    Free Member

Getting your future told.. come on.. get a grip..!!

I think it’s just a bit of confidence trick to give the lonely and desperate some hope.. It’s not a very wholesome way of doing it either IMO, preying on the vulnerable really

maybe it brings some order to those that didn’t heed the warnings and imbibed the brown acid..?

tazzymtb

So what about deja-vu then?

it aint what it used to be

druidh
    Free Member

Are you confusing it with religion?

tessayates
    Free Member

“it aint what it used to be “

Nothing is, and none of us are, sister.

yunki
    Free Member

same thing in’t it..?

tazzymtb

I think it’s just a bit of confidence trick to give the lonely and desperate some hope.. It’s not a very wholesome way of doing it either IMO, preying on the vulnerable really

that’s all religions though yunki old chap, tis all a means of coping with grim reality that we are insignificant monkeys on a dull little bit of rock in a very big lonely universe

grum
    Free Member

sticks head above parapet… I think it works, but then I read tarot and believe in chaos magic so i’m a swivel eyed loon by most folks standards.

Wow you really don’t ever let up with the whole niche thing do you.

tazzymtb

lol, grum….go and play in fast traffic darling

yunki
    Free Member

I believe in masterchef.. 😕

tazzymtb

the notion or Tarot as “fortune telling” is unfortunately a bunch of cobblers, not what it’s meant for and used by many as a means of making cash from the terminally stupid.

*was going to actually try and give a reasoned response about the correct use of tarot as a mediation tool and a way of focussing the mind on solutions to problems for the user, but given that my favourite short fat stalker has turned up I really can’t be arsed*

ojom
    Free Member

Total horseshit.

kimbers

I put it in the same category as religion, homeopathy, ufos, powerbalance wristbands and derren brown

im sure some people get some sort of benefit out of it, but its all just a big fat con

chewkw
    Free Member

tazzymtb – Member

the notion or Tarot as “fortune telling” is unfortunately a bunch of cobblers, not what it’s meant for and used by many as a means of making cash from the terminally stupid.

What if no money changes hands?

The person tells you things but the person gets nothing out of it but merely telling things? The person tells you about your past, present and perhaps future, while you listen but give nothing away.

grum
    Free Member

@tazzy

Don’t take yourself so seriously. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘Tarot readers / psychics – load of old cobblers?’ is closed to new replies.