Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • tapered headsets, whats good and where the hell to get them
  • richc
    Free Member

Hi,

I am trying to get a tapered headset to fit a Yeti, and its been a bit of a nightmare; 7 week wait for a hope one! and in the end the bike shop admitted defeat.

So whats good? and any ideas where has some in stock! as the problem appeared as soon as you try and order them if they are out fo stock

SidewaysTim

What do you actualy need? I’m not familiar with Yeti’s of late, but might have something that will do the job.

Is it a 1.5 headtube and a tapered fork steerer, or is it a tapered headtube?

richc
    Free Member

tapered fork, into a tapered headtube. So 1.5″ bottom, and 1 1/8″ in the top

Its for a ASR5, and some RockShox revelation tapered forks

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Cane creek xx,They do a 1.5″ tapered.

Try

http://www.canecreek.com/headset-fit-finder

chakaping
    Free Member

Would one of those On-One Smoothie headsets fit? Had one came with my C456 and it seems quite nicely made.

localhero94
    Free Member

I had a Chris King put in my asr5 to use with tapered forks. Couldn’t give you a link but was put in by Bromley Bikes.

mmb
    Free Member

try here this fits both 1 1/8 steerers and mix tapered steerers with a separatly available crown race
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HSOOSMTAPER/on-one-smoothie-mixer-tapered-headset

richc
    Free Member

might try an on-one as at least they are in stock

SidewaysTim

tapered fork, into a tapered headtube. So 1.5″ bottom, and 1 1/8″ in the top

Its for a ASR5, and some RockShox revelation tapered forks

Ah. Sorry, I have a Hope 1.5/taper converter headset here that wasn’t needed on a build when the cutomer realised he had a different fork than he thought he had.

coatesy
    Free Member

Got a Hope one at Sunset if you want one, not sure what the issue is with getting them is.We’re on 02920371321.

Trimix
    Free Member

Cane Creek are very good – great range and good design/choice.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

We’ve got a couple of hope ones in at the mo…..

andyl
    Free Member

try the superstar ones.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘tapered headsets, whats good and where the hell to get them’ is closed to new replies.