Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Talky Toaster maps
    Free Member

I have a edge 800 and have been trying to get one of the Talky Toaster maps on it using an iMAC and have not been able to do it, does any one know if there is any where showing you how to do it.

stevemorg2

Had real problems tryin to get it on my Mac so ended up just buying a pre-loaded SD card off him for @£20 – works perfectly in my Etrex 20

luke
    Free Member

It was hard enough doing it on a PC to my Etrex20

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Would you like a muffin? A teacake, perhaps?

grahamh
    Free Member

Haha Captain
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAuQDec[/video]

michaelr
    Free Member

I normally do this on a PC but just tried it on my iMac and it worked fine just downloaded the file and unzipped it. As instructed named it GMAPSUPP.IMG then put it in a folder called GARMIN in my micro SD card job done.

Note: I found it a problem emptying the micro SD card on the iMac but when it had enough free space the mapping went on no problem. I think this website is the best for free mapping which is updated every week and I use it on my old Etrex and a Garmin 705. So if you think it is good do donate to the guy who runs the site.

I recently went on holiday to Lanzarote and found OSM maps on the web which were good enough for mountain bike routes but not up to the UK spec due to less people updating them but remember you can only have one .IMG file on a Micro SD card at a time

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Talky Toaster maps’ is closed to new replies.