Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Talking to myself? Do you?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

I find myself talking to myself lately.. Its not long , its just an uncontrolled moment of speeches that i speak to myself as a third person that triggered by my memories ..this happens mostly when i am alone.. I.e. Driving, shower, bath..or just when alone in the house or anywhere. ..i don’t have it when im riding though as im mostly focused in the trail.

Is this normal? I am 35-36
    Is this something i need to worry about?

Marin
    Free Member

Only way to get a sensible answer on here.

chvck
    Free Member

I work from home a lot and spend a lot of time alone, I talk to myself a lot also. I don’t even consider it an issue, unless I’m doing it in the office… people look at me funny then!

edit: I do it a lot less if I’m listening to music, I think that I just like to be hearing something.

khani
    Free Member

No..
    Yes you do,
    no I don’t..
    Shut up,
    no you shut up,
    gobby bastard..
    Yeah yeah…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes, only on the bike though.. Normally I use “come on fatty” or “dig in Gilbert” 😆

You know… stuff like that.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Yup, usually after long intense periods of work.

But it’s just a first person commentary:
    “Pick up the cake, put the cake in the box, pick up the cake, put the cake in the box,go to the fridge, pick up the box”.

It’s lonely in the bakery at night.

Don’t worry about it.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

You kinda captured it khani

dannyh
    Free Member

Sometimes I’m the only one who’ll listen……………

scotroutes

All the time

Junkyard
    Free Member

I do occasionally and usually dont even notice

Only do it in the house thankfully so only my family think I am mental

CountZero

Only internally. I like to keep the answers secret from others.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Ah right. Cool..so its normal.. What a relief.. Its just some time ago in the airport , an old guy sit beside me while waiting for our flight and he talks like he is speaking to somebody but its just me and him there actually.

Hohum
    Free Member

I was sat on the train the other day and I saw a bloke talking to himself and I said to myself “look at that nutter talking to himself!”

I don’t do it out loud, but my wife does it loads.

RustySpanner

It’s the only intelligent conversation I get these days.

samuri
    Free Member

All the time.

enduroforever
    Free Member

I talk to myself, usually when I’m talking to the wife

Jamie
    Free Member

I do it loads. Occasionally I get caught out, and have to pretend I am doing some kind of cough.

mav12
    Free Member

Me too do it lots on the bike

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My missus often asks me who I’m talking to!
    There’s one guy at work who everyone calls ‘Tony & Dave’.

I wouldn’t worry about it.

Clover

Particularly when knackered, I find I’m telling myself to do things out loud.

Like ‘don’t forget to lock the door’. Or on the bike ‘get your hands off the brakes’. Sometimes I even listen… 😀

benji
    Free Member

Yep, and today I was singing songs to my bike, think it made it happy, it’s a job to tell.

slowoldman

I always have done.
    No you haven’t.

jekkyl

Upon discovering a new bit of tech or track: well would you look at that & Absolutely outstanding.
    Then when I mince out of doing a tight drop: you pussy.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

only one place for you…

user-removed
    Free Member

As with jekkyl, at moments of heightened emotion it sometimes happens. Frustration brings it flowing out of me – like the 5th automated / silent phone call of the day on my business line: “Who are these pricks! What a **** waste of time. ****! But extreme happiness has the same effect.

Edited for autocorrects…

chipster

When I insult myself, it’s really hurtful. 😕

Mackem

I’m a teacher. So I do it for a living.

seosamh77
    Free Member

No, my ma does it all the time though, always has.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Is this normal? I am 35-36
    Is this something i need to worry about?

I’m impressed by the fact that you’re not entirely sure of your age.

I wouldn’t say that’s normal – you obviously don’t know yourself very well. Despite apparently regularly talking to yourself.

durhambiker
    Free Member

Talk to myself regularly at work. Get more sense that way than speaking to half my customers. Only tend to speak to myself when I’m in the van on my own mind

BoardinBob

Constantly. But then again I suffer from severe anxiety and hyper vigilance! The carnival usually kicks into high gear the moment my head touches the pillow!

iolo
    Free Member

I struggle to read quietly to myself.
    I got thrown out of an exam once while reading my answer.
    I talk to myself all the time.

NZCol

I never used to but then did a load of adventure racing with a friend who talks to himself all the time and i ended up doing it too ! Its quite theraputic sometimes.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yup quite a lot really, I also kinds hum tunes when I’m riding and sing to myself in my head. Quite often talk to myself (not out loud) in meetings, or do a bit of a commentary on the scenario

racefaceec90

have done so for years.live alone so that may be part of it,also the madness is another part 😉

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

Did I just say something?

ononeorange

Always have done. I have a right old bicker with myself, it is getting louder though now as I get older.

The one that worries me most though is my swearing vehemently at the pompous ****** ******er who does the uptight recorded announcements on the train each day. At each stop.

binners

I used to talk back to the voices in my head. But I found it only angered them further, then they’d force me to do even worse things

DezB
    Free Member

Tell myself little jokes all the time when I’m alone in the house (which is most of the time). I’m bloody funny, I’ll have you know.

martinhutch

On the bike, normally: ‘What the **** is wrong with you today?’

It’s when you start answering back, that’s when you know you’re in bother.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Talking to myself? Do you?’ is closed to new replies.