Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • talk talk tv
  • stevelolly
    Free Member

Anybody got this ? What do you think of it so far ?
    Looking at changing my phone/internet package and came across the talk talk TV offer . Tempted to dump sky as I’ve been with them forever and got an ancient sky+ box , seems if your a new customer you get a much better deal 🙁 . Switching will get me a better package and save me £20 a month but don’t want to switch if its rubbish .

jonk

its a youview box which is free, so if you factor in the cost of a humax youview box less the cost of your subscription you may be out of pocket.

porlus
    Free Member

Early days on youview yet. Im with BT vision on payg. Youview box is £49 + delivery. Probably going to wait a few months till the online youview services are more established. FYI the youview humax box is £299 (unless someone finds it cheaper)

stevelolly
    Free Member

Good point but was thinking about adding the entertainment pack for an additional £10 so that I still get some of the sky channels and fx , can’t miss Walking Dead 😉 . Also get a years worth of LoveFilm for free .

ourmaninthenorth

So, I’ll declare my hand: I work for the ISP in question.

The TTTV box is made by Huawei (though I have an older Humax test model).

It is a YouView box – that gets you (1) freeview thru the aeriel (2) access to BBC, ITV, Ch4, Ch5 on deman players. The key thing about YouView is that it gives you access to the last 7 days of TV on demand (assuming the channel has made it available).

With the TT service, (1) the box is free to all TT Plus customers (£14.50 per month + line rental) (2) there is various other content that you can only access as a TT customer. There are pay per view films. There are also other boosts – eg Sky Sports.

For the subscription stuff the difference is that you only pay on a month by month basis – want Sky Sports for the Ashes? Then only buy it for then.

I’m of course biased, but do I use it? Yes. And that’s a satisfied Sky TV customer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘talk talk tv’ is closed to new replies.