Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • tailored suits for sexy people
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

OK, I’m not 100% sexy, but by September 8th I plan on being very sexy, on a scale of ‘1 to Deadlydarcy’… at least ‘deadly’. As a result I will be needing a new suit as all my suits have been purchased when my body was various different sizes.

I’d like something fitted/tailored ideally but I’m a relative nooob when it comes to suits I’m sure many of you will agree that although better than stumbling into Next/Burtons, a M&S suit will only increase sexiness on the wearer by lets say… 45% to a TSY level.

I went into a suit shop t’other day and they had some Ted Baker suits which looked nice and came in at under £300 which is an appropriate budget for me at the moment, I’m thinking £350ish might be my upper limit.

Anyway, I’m rambling like a group of old people on your favourite trail on a sunny Sunday…. any tips or advice on getting a good suit, ideally one that fits my (hopefully by the 8th sept) HUGE and INCREDIBLY SEXY muscles and slimmer waist line?

I thank you all for your advice xx

thegreatape
    Free Member

I predict that within two hours CFH will have suggested that you go to the most expensive tailor he can find on google 🙂

thepurist

Remember to stop getting sexier once you’ve bought it Phil – otherwise who knows what might happen..

Jamie
    Free Member

Go Thailand.

Have holiday.

Get a nice suit done for £50.

Bosh.

DezB
    Free Member

On a similar note to Jamie – do you know anyone in the Navy?
    Naval tailors are usually Chinese blokes who can make you a suit, brilliantly tailored for a great price.
    My bro was in the navy when I got married… yeah I’d show a picture, but it was in the 80s, so maybe doesn’t look quite so sexy now.

wwaswas

CFH is away today 🙁

This place is great, they’ve even done a video showing the amount of sexiness they can add to someone;

http://www.jumpthegun.co.uk/cms/Photos_and_stuff

Chipps appears to shop there too;

thegreatape
    Free Member

Prediction fail.

philconsequence
    Free Member

dont know anyone in the navy, well we did but they only went and bloody died… inconsiderate if you ask me!

can’t really afford a trip to Thailand lol

Alpha1653

Have a look at Raja Fashions. Clicky. They tour around the UK as well as other countries and measure you up in a hotel room. You choose the fabric, the liner, cut and everything else. They take measurements and lots and lots of photos. This then gets sent to Hong Kong and a few weeks later the suit arrives. You then get a number of fittings when the company is next in the area.

When I got mine 4 years ago, they claimed to be able to make a good suit for £200 but that was a lightweight summer suit and not really suitable for the UK. Instead I managed to get a fully bespoke two piece in Super 180 with red silk liner for about £400. I’ve worn it regularly since I got it and it still looks great while my more expensive Austin Reed suits have been relegated.

Well worth it in my opinion and obviously does the job as I once managed to get a date with Miss Hungary. SCHHEERRR-WINGGGG!!!!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Most important thing is a suit that fits well.

You don’t necessarily need tailoring it all depends on how ‘unique’ your body shape and dimensions are.

It seems that standard off the peg suits come with a 6″ drop between chest and waist measurement… if you’re buff tingz this probably won’t work.

So you could look at places that allow you to mix and match trousers and jackets.

If I was you I’d start out looking at a designer outlet place and see if they’ve got anything that fits and looks good. Different fashion houses have different generic styles that will suit different people and you can start to get a feel for what you’d like should you go down the fully tailored route.

philconsequence
    Free Member

who are you and what have you done with the real yeti?! 😯

emsz
    Free Member

fashion for mens suits ATM is super slim line isn’t it?

how’s that working out for all you “chunky knit” type of guys?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I take my sartorial stuff real seriously.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

fashion for mens boys suits ATM is super slim line isn’t it?

Don’t buy a fashion suit. Buy a good suit.

Alpha1653

Oh, and for God’s sake make sure it isn’t shiny.

philconsequence
    Free Member

the issue i’ve got is i’m gunna be working hard at getting sexier and sexier all the way up until the 8th sept so i dont want to order a suit now and then be a different size nearer the time.

emsz…

emsz
    Free Member

They can be the same thing Yeti.

Yu guys have it easy though… This years colours? oooohhh, how about he same colour we did last year? and the year before that and the year before that..

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Philly – wait until the summer then! FFS you’ve planned every other bit of the wedding… slow down… smell some roses… come on a beach holiday with me and lube oil into my back.

Problem with fasion emsz is that it goes in and out, a bit like errr.
    Buying a trendy suit for any sort of money would be stupid IMO.

emsz
    Free Member

Philip!!! I’m shocked.

I’ll bet you have no problem with a sharp slim suit my lovely

Jamie
    Free Member

how’s that working out for all you “chunky knit” type of guys?

I may be chunky, but I just had a very satisfying poo.

philconsequence
    Free Member

no harm in being prepared mr yeti 😀

knowing what i want and how much i should be expecting to pay in advance is surely better than trying to find the ‘perfect’ suit 2 weeks before the big day!

beach holiday, but my beach body isnt ready yet!!

I’ll bet you have no problem with a sharp slim suit my lovely

flange
    Free Member

Could you not buy a Baker or Boss suit and have it adjusted? I bought a Boss suit (based purely on it being a boss suit – the fit is terrible and the material quality fairly poor – I R MUG) and ended up having it adjusted. Fits lovely now (although it doesn’t help with the quality of material).

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

no harm in being prepared mr yeti

That’s why I’ve already booked myself a venue.

Go to the designer outlet place then. I found an Aquascutum one for 25% of it’s original price that I looked killer in.

Don’t Boss suits have a traditional ‘square’ Italian cut to them? Go PS for slim and sexy.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What size are you? I’ve got a couple of Ted Baker suits that I bought on a whim after finishing uni, unfortunately before I got to wear them I put on about 3 stone 🙁 so they’ve stil got the tags on them!

Think they’re 40″regular jackets and the trousers fit me when I was wearing 32″ jeans (and are stooopily long for your tailor/mum to turn up). Ones Black, the other a very dark navy, £200 each (think I paid £300) if anyone wants them.

emsz
    Free Member

that’s just showing off Jamie. LOL

Paul Smith for a suit?

MSP

Yu guys have it easy though… This years colours? oooohhh, how about he same colour we did last year? and the year before that and the year before that..

How little you understand the complexity of male fashion, should it be 2 buttons or 3, 2 or 3, I’m getting confused which is best?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Paul Smith for a suit?

Marry me emsz?

Houns

Fashion and style are two completely different things.

As mentioned above, do not buy a fashion suit

KINGTUT
    Free Member

At your budget TM Lewin is a good bet, a good range of styles nice quality cloths and pretty well made, the quality is somewhere between Austin Reed and Next’s Signature line.

M&S is also OK although I find the cut of their suits too boxy.

emsz
    Free Member

Yeti!!

I thought you were all luved up?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Nah. I might start a thread on it.

Do you think I should rent my spare room to my ex?

Jamie
    Free Member

@TSY

Thread drift…

Edit: Oh and sorry to hear that.

BillMC

itailor.com do suits for very little money. I had a shirt made by them and was surprisingly impressed.

dooosuk
    Free Member

House of Fraser and Moss both do a semi bespoke suit where you choose your materials, lining, details etc and they then measure you up for £250 upwards.

I’m collecting mine from House of Fraser tomorrow morning…I’ll post back on fit.

emsz
    Free Member

Oh yeti, sorry my lovely.

relationships can really suck can’t they?

seems to be contagiuos at the minute

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Nice one Jamie.

I think relationships rock tbh. Even the ones that don’t work.

philconsequence
    Free Member

cheers for the advice guys 🙂 agreed that M&S are quite ‘boxy’ i’ve got 2 at home and they looked good when i had more of a belly but now i’m slightly more V shaped they hang weird.

brakes
    Free Member

go to John Lewis or Selfridges or any other decent department store with a good range of suits, tell them what you want, what your budget is (in my opinion you should be looking at something over £300 but no more than £500). if you can’t find anything off the shelf that fits properly, ask if they have suits that can be adjusted – depending on how the suit is built they can adjust the cut across the back by adding or taking away material where the seam is, they can add or reduce material at the collar, etc.
    I bought a suit for my wedding and had it adjusted, costs £300 but it looked crap and I really regret not spending more. A year later I spent £400 on an off the shelf suit which fit properly and it’s much, much better.
    In summary, the fit of the suit is more important than anything and the more you pay the better it will fit.
    Oh, and get a plain navy suit.

GTDave
    Free Member

Roderick Charles do some very nice semi-tailored suits at very reasonable prices. Great shirts too.
    M&S are pretty darn good for off the peg suits.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I found my favorite suit at Jaeger, I think you just need to shop around to find a good fit.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘tailored suits for sexy people’ is closed to new replies.