Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tag Heuer bezel removal?
  • stevied
    Free Member

I think I’ve broken the spring on my Tag, as the bezel is just spinning, so wondering if it’s an easy job to remove the bezel to replace the spring?
    Anyone done it before?
    It’s one of these, if it makes a difference..

Tallpaul
    Free Member

A pukka bezel spring should be fairly cheap. I’d either find a Watch repairer who is an authorised Tag repairer and pay them to do it. Or, source the part yourself and get it done at another trusted repairer.

Maybe I’m being naive, but I’d be surprised if it were more than a £100 – 150 repair including parts.

stevied
    Free Member

Tag won’t do it without servicing the watch too..c£350-400 😯

I’ve found the spring and bezel plate thingy for about £40 so thought it might be a fairly simple job to pop the bezel off and replace the parts.

Tallpaul
    Free Member

I’d be concerned about scratching or warping the bezel. I’ve no idea how much force is required but I understand some are harder than others. I wouldn’t bother investing in the tools, hence recommending a shop who should have the tool and experience.

For just the bezel, I wouldn’t send mine back to Tag. But I might be tempted to live with it until the automatic movement needed a service then just get it all done.

stevied
    Free Member

But I might be tempted to live with it until the automatic movement needed a service then just get it all done.

Mine’s a quartz but I get the idea. I’ll have a chat with the local watchmaker and see what he thinks.
    Thanks TP

hanchurch
    Free Member

Find a good local to you Tag servicer I am sure they will do it for you, my automatic Tag cost £150 for a service and pressure seal last time I had it serviced.

jeff

Some more info here + pic of the tool

Are you in London? I can recommend these guys for good value work.

PW Constable

EDIT – Don’t give the UK tag people any more money. Especially for with a quartz tag.

Cougar

Why are you even contemplating DIY-ing a £1500 watch?

stevied
    Free Member

Why are you even contemplating DIY-ing a £1500 watch?

Was just seeing if it was possible 🙄

Are you in London?

Unfortunately not but do have relatives so may be an option, thanks.

aether531
    Free Member

The ‘watchuseek’ forums are good for this sort of thing.

Found this, but there’s probably more:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f25/instructions-removing-aquaracer-bezel-601928.html

TheDTs
    Free Member

I can’t recommend this guy strongly enough.
    Watchworks
    Repaired my Aquarace (Dead Stopper) while I waited, no charge as I had it serviced 3 years ago by him.!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tag Heuer bezel removal?’ is closed to new replies.