Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • T-Mo punctures at CyB G-Enduro
  • devs
    Free Member

So there were “many” on the chairlift with their rear tyres blown right off the rim with no innertubes present and you went within 8 feet of them all just to make sure that your prejudices were indeed correct?
    That’s amazing. You’re amazing.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

T-Mo?

I’m epicly dissapointed that Glock (everyones favourie mid-pack back-marker F1 driver) wasn’t raceing. Seeing as we’re giving everyone Hip-Hop names, even tyres, I am henceforth to be known only as T-Spoon.

RustyMac

Think the T-Mo bit may come from here http://www.tracymoseley.com/

willber
    Free Member

I heard of a downhill racer that is running a rim with two valves in. He has an innertube inside a tubeless tyre and runs the tyre with sealant. It’s a bit heavier but is apparently the best solution to punctures.

njee20
    Free Member

Didn’t some DHers used to run 2 tyres, a slick with the bead cut off on the inside?

Clobber
    Free Member

exactly. no fuss.

what is all the fuss about? the ‘no puncture’ thing clearly aint true. neither is the ‘less weight’ bit.

so why tubeless? just cos its a bit showy?

I’m always amazed at the amount of thorns in my tubeless tyres when I change them, I think I counted 8 last time I changed them, that’s 8 times I didn’t have to stop to change/repair tubes on just one tyre that has been on for a couple of months…

Tubeless is great…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Didn’t some DHers used to run 2 tyres, a slick with the bead cut off on the inside?

I’ve heard of trials riders doing that but not DH’ers

I heard of a downhill racer that is running a rim with two valves in. He has an innertube inside a tubeless tyre and runs the tyre with sealant. It’s a bit heavier but is apparently the best solution to punctures.

A bit like those baloon things for MX/Enduro tyres?

Tubeless isn’t perfect, but I just like the lack of thron punctures and pinch flats, a torn sidewall is just as much a PITA tubed or no tube and I’ve not burped a tyre since my first UST tyres in about 2004, whther thats rim design (unlikley, all my rims are normal ones), UST tyre design (unlikley, I run normal maxxis and 2bliss spesh with equal success) or just Conti Gravity UST tyres being utter cack (highly likely).

xiphon
    Free Member

Two tyres would be pretty heavy?

I’ve heard of the dual tubes before – a few years ago somebody snapped dual valves on a pro’s bike.

njee20
    Free Member

Two tyres would be pretty heavy?

Ridiculously, sure I remember it in MBUK or sommat 10 years ago.

Northwind

tracknicko – Member

i should caveat that i’ve never actually tried them. ALL of the issues i have had is riding with friends who are ambling along telling me how i should give it a go, and how wonderful it all is…

before they inevitably blow the tyre off rim, gradually lose air-pump up-lose air all day long, burp the crap out of 30psi tyres on tight corners, that kinda thing.

seem absolute dog shit to me, really, really don’t get it.

Man, your friends suck at tubeless! Sometimes a new tyre loses air for a little while before it seals properly, that’s the only time you should need to add air- if they constantly lose air, something is wrong but some goons just keep adding air. Never had one blow off the rim, never had one burp at 30psi (or 25psi for that matter, except that time when I also broke a big french rock and knocked my rim about an inch out of round). That’s standard tyres on tubeless-ready and UST rims though, doing it with BMX tubes was a pain in the bum.

Do it right, with the right kit, and you will most likely be rewarded with good results. Do it badly and you won’t.

YorkshireRipper
    Free Member

She was running tubeless, she rolled the tyre off the rim whilst ripping the crap out of a berm on the jumpy bermy bit.

She certainly showed plenty of the men how to ride at CyB, legend.

emac65
    Free Member

I was even more frustrated as I had no idea how I had punctured as I was running tubeless, however investigations the next day when I got home revealed a small dent in the rim and some damage to the bead and sidewall of the tyre, so I must have hit the rim earlier in the day or earlier on that stage which must have lost some air pressure then when I pushed hard in the berm the tyre just burped and lost all the air…bummer

But,hold on…….you never get flats with tubeless do you……….. 8)

kimbers

to the OP

the new mini sized dirt just arrived…

t-mos bike spec b4 the race; new thicker sidewalled bonty xr4 tubeless

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘T-Mo punctures at CyB G-Enduro’ is closed to new replies.