• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Spin.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Switching Force 10 Helium 100 to a 1-2 person tent. Suggestions?
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

I have been using a Force 10 Helium 100 tent for the last 3 years for the 2/3 night bikepacking trips. It’s a great tent, but I am now thinking a 1-2 person tent would be better as it gives me a bit more space inside to stash my gear. The Force 10 Helium 100, literally, gives me enough space for the sleeping mat and nothing else.

Looking for something ideally weighing in < 1300g and under £250. Anyone got any suggestions to a tent that they are currently using that fits the bill?

Thanks

ironnigel
    Free Member

Try a tarp. I love mine to bits. 8ft by 10 ft and 255g of sil-nylon goodness. I also have an ultralight moz net with a sil-nylon floor. Probably weighs <200g. One of the main attractions of the tarp are the number of pitching options depending on weather.

8×10 is massive for one person and gear when in fully stormproof pitch.

tiggs121
    Free Member

I have one of These – Wild Country Tents I like it. Not expensive either.

Spin
    Free Member

Sub 1300g and £250 for a 1-2 man tent is probably quite a big ask.

matt_outandabout

Helium 200?

honeybadgerx

We’ve got a helium 200 and I can’t look beyond that really. Snug for two, roomy for one, so suits us fine.

AlasdairMc

1-2 man for £250 sub 1300g is Terra Nova Laser territory if you’re meaning a 1 man tent with space. Great tents, under a kilo and yet truly 3-4 season.

nickdavies

Get the 200 version. I’ve. Had a couple 2 man tents which are all really 1 man plus kit, and the 200 is great. The extra length means I can get a full size mat in and the clever end poles give lots of head room either end.

Spin
    Free Member

Terra Nova Laser…yet truly 3-4 season

No way is a TN Laser a 4 season tent.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Switching Force 10 Helium 100 to a 1-2 person tent. Suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.