Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Swine Flu Question
  • steelfan
    Free Member

A collegue of my gf has recently come back from Mexico and was told to stay at home for a week or so before coming back to work. He is now back at work and my gf has come down with a really bad cough and cold. Can someone be a carrier of swine flu without having any symptoms and pass it onto others?

stratobiker
    Free Member

Short answer – yes.

They could already have a virus but be showing no symptoms (yet).

However, if they’ve stayed out of circulation for the 5-7 days, and they’re still showing no symptoms it’s unlikely that they have anything.

johnners
    Free Member

Possible but pretty unlikely. Ring NHS Direct and see what they say, or if it’s “really bad” she should maybe see her GP.

steelfan
    Free Member

Do you reckon we should go to A&E or phone NHS direct?

stratobiker
    Free Member

If she suspects she has Swine Flu (unlikely) – she shouldn’t go anywhere!!!

crikey
    Free Member

I’d take her sister out to be honest; no sense in you being miserable as well!

steelfan
    Free Member

Sister is married, lives in Geneva and is not my type!

crikey
    Free Member

As a qualified medical professional, I’ll have to suggest that you try her mum then.

If she complains, she’s not really that ill. (the gf, not the mum!)

steelfan
    Free Member

LMFAO

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

If you phone NHS direct within 2 hours they’ll have someone around the house in full bio hazard gear taking blood to test. I know someone this has happened to. May be worth calling just for your own piece of mind.

steelfan
    Free Member

I dont think im gonna let her back in. She can stay in the garden this evening!

Drac

Carries of viruses don’t suffer from the symptoms.

Joxster
    Free Member

Have the family executed just in case and help yourself the their dvd collection.

dr_death
    Free Member

Don’t worry about it. It is a reasonably harmless flu virus at the moment. TBH you are better getting it now than waiting six months for it to mutate and then come back with a vengence in the winter and absolutely **** us over!!

Oh, and no she doesn’t have swine flu.

ex-pat
    Free Member

trailmonkey

That mosquito flu looks like a bad ‘un.

Trimix
    Free Member

Its red cos’ its full of blood, Swine flu is green cos’ its full of snot.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Swine Flu Question’ is closed to new replies.